Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dreaming about building a large full moon that I can mount up high behind my haunted yard. I thought about using an old large satilite dish with some kind of face with a light behind it but there is where I get stuck. I cannot come up with a way to have an even amount of light to cover the entire dish. Any help here?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Since the dish is going to be lit from behind (within right?) and you might get a spotlight effect, how about using something to act as a difuser so the beam hits that first and the light is spread out and looks even. I used that on 2 of my little lights in the graveyard before so I would get even light instead of a spotlight in one area. I used some of that frosted plexiglass stuff you might find in bathroom florescent ceiling lights over the end of the light but I think you are going to be looking at a much bigger area (large satilite dish) so not sure about the size for that. Just a possible option though.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Have you considered projecting a moon?
I posted on another thread about a digital moon video I created that features a witch flying across the moon.
(I've updated it to include bats as well) If you have a projector you could project that video onto a white disc attached to the roof.

Or if you're on budget OR you don't have a projector, you can still get a glowing full moon by:

1) get an led flashlight with removable lens housing (the brighter the better)

2) print a high contrast image of a moon on a transparency

3) cut out transparency and insert it into the flashlight as if it were a lens.

By shining the flashlight thru transparency you can then "project" a moon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts