Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since the lunar phases are cyclical, the next full moon on Halloween will take place next year!

This year, the skies will be dark - all the better for hiding in the bushes to scare TOT's on Halloween night!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moonchicky what calendar are you looking at? All the ones I've seen don't have the moon being full close to Halloween til 2012.

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
We just had a full moon on Halloween in 2004, or it may have been 2005. I seen them
talking about it on tv and they said how often it takes place.....but I forgot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, im new. u can call me allise, or alli or w.e. i know EXACTLY how often a full moon happens on halloween. i just finished searching it up. a full moon on halloween happens 3-4 times(sometimes less) every century, thats y its said to be EXTRA spooky and magical! the next full moon on halloween is 2020(in calgary)...im going 2 be alive for one of the most magical days in the century!! *evil laugh* had 2 add that!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Oh, yes, the ULTIMATE special effect for Halloween Night. But these are rare. In fact, the correct term is a "Blue Moon". The second Full Moon in a Calendar month. How do I know these things? I AM the WOLFMAN.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the moon in oct. For some reason it looks bigger this time of year. Sometimes anyway. Whats cool is even when I was thousands of miles from home, I could look up and stare at the same moon my family looked at. Of course it was coming up for me and going down for them, but hey. It was cool for my kids. I was in China for 2001 Halloween :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts