Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've seen people all over facebook posting about how everyone should put up Christmas decorations early because its been such a crappy year. Absolutely not! I am not having it this year! (I'm not, I don't care what other people do if it makes them happy though) Christmas has been a really rough time for me the last few years so if we're taking liberties with decorations to spread some happiness this year, I'm finally doing a full blown Nightmare Before Christmas theme!

I just ordered a white Christmas tree. All my ornaments are black and silver anyway but I'll get some more to go with it. Hopefully some Jack heads.

I can't decide if I want to do orange or purple lights on the tree. I think purple since there has been orange lights in my house for a month already.
Anyone have some suggestions for good purple string lights that do not show up as pink?

I already have a Jack, Sally, Oogie Boogie (from Walgreens) and Zero from At Home.

I am very very seriously considering leaving my graveyard up and decorating with fake snow (what should I use? Snow in a can like people put on windows or like... I don't know) and Christmas lights with Santa hats on my gargoyles. I'm pretty nervous about awkward conversations with my 60 year old guy neighbor and 90 year old lady neighbor.. she always likes my lights but I just... you know? I feel a bit awkward but if any year is the year to do it, I guess its this one.

I would love to see some pictures of your NBC themes!

Edit to include first video talking about my ideas and showing my haul from different stores. I will definitely include pics as I start decorating.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm not big on NBC but I'm all for Halloween at Christmas!
I'm going to try to get some Krampus in mine (not necessarily Halloween but creepy).

·
Registered
251 Posts
So I've seen people all over facebook posting about how everyone should put up Christmas decorations early because its been such a crappy year. Absolutely not! I am not having it this year! (I'm not, I don't care what other people do if it makes them happy though) Christmas has been a really rough time for me the last few years so if we're taking liberties with decorations to spread some happiness this year, I'm finally doing a full blown Nightmare Before Christmas theme!

I just ordered a white Christmas tree. All my ornaments are black and silver anyway but I'll get some more to go with it. Hopefully some Jack heads.

I can't decide if I want to do orange or purple lights on the tree. I think purple since there has been orange lights in my house for a month already.
Anyone have some suggestions for good purple string lights that do not show up as pink?

I already have a Jack, Sally, Oogie Boogie (from Walgreens) and Zero from At Home.

I am very very seriously considering leaving my graveyard up and decorating with fake snow (what should I use? Snow in a can like people put on windows or like... I don't know) and Christmas lights with Santa hats on my gargoyles. I'm pretty nervous about awkward conversations with my 60 year old guy neighbor and 90 year old lady neighbor.. she always likes my lights but I just... you know? I feel a bit awkward but if any year is the year to do it, I guess its this one.

Lol. That’s awesome! I’m sure you will get mixed opinions about that. Never been a big NBC fan either, but I’m also not a big fan of Christmas.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not big on NBC but I'm all for Halloween at Christmas!
I'm going to try to get some Krampus in mine (not necessarily Halloween but creepy).
I love Krampus! So much so that I have a trip planned to Germany/Austria for December 2022 to experience it first hand.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of mine will just be creepy too since I only have so much nightmare before Christmas stuff.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. That’s awesome! I’m sure you will get mixed opinions about that. Never been a big NBC fan either, but I’m also not a big fan of Christmas.
Yes, I'm sure I will too. I'm trying to be confident with it though. I'm not hurting anyone, I don't care if people think I've just gone nuts during quarantine, lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think you should go with it! Whatever makes you happy and keeps you feeling good. That’s what we all need right now. I would be excited to see a display like that for Christmas. Why not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to pull the plug on halloween this year because of covid and family issues. I have not participated in christmas with the family for over a decade because it means nothing to me. If you want to do "nightmare" for christmas this year and any other year, do it. More power to ya. I wish that I could get away with it, not a chance. Krampus would be cool too. I refer to him as the "anti-claus". Drives my wife crazy.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts

I love it! Please post pictures for the other NBC fanatics here to see! Good luck!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I love Krampus! So much so that I have a trip planned to Germany/Austria for December 2022 to experience it first hand.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of mine will just be creepy too since I only have so much nightmare before Christmas stuff.
I've been wanting to go see that as well. Best of luck with your travels, take pictures for us!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I say do it!!! And document it!!
GE makes good purple LED lights that are really purple and not cold. Orange too.
Or you could get one of those LED “color wheels” that will continually blast your tree with whatever color rotation you choose. Black lights setting works nice too.

Disney store is also currently selling an NBC ornament set WITH a large Sandy Claws Jack tree topper:
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Tree Topper and Ball Ornament Set | shopDisney

083B761C-D21B-4FDD-BF26-B959EDCE2E40.jpeg

797E8A07-6BD5-4777-BCA1-2C2BB1B2F3BE.jpeg
B24401AB-D4BB-4BBC-8B4F-5ABBA6695510.jpeg

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GE makes good purple LED lights that are really purple and not cold. Orange too.
Or you could get one of those LED “color wheels” that will continually blast your tree with whatever color rotation you choose. Black lights setting works nice too.

Disney store is also currently selling an NBC ornament set WITH a large Sandy Claws Jack tree topper:
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Tree Topper and Ball Ornament Set | shopDisney
Those pics are gorgeous!! Yes, I will absolutely document everything!

Thanks so much for the link and recommendations!

·
Registered
293 Posts

We bought a black tree last year and started doing a Nightmare Before Christmas theme’d tree. Halloween is my favorite holiday so many of my favorite pieces stay out year round & lots of our decor is black, white, & silver. Post Halloween last year we picked up a lot of inexpensive “Halloween” ribbon, ornaments, & picks from Michael’s at 70% off. We ended up getting the purple lights at Ace & Max Warehouse online after Halloween for a great price. Here’s some pictures from our tree last year. Got the tree skirt & felt NBC ornaments on an amazing sale on Etsy from seller PumpkinSpooks. The Jack plushie ornaments & pewter NBC ornaments came from eBay. Before doing ours, I found lots of great photos on Pinterest & Google with a variety of NBC trees so you may try there too. Have fun & please post pics of your tree once it’s all set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

We love NBC & your idea sounds like fun ~ I fully endorse it! Let's try it at once!

There is a fun Krampus Nacht in DC. We participated a few years but last year was canceled because of bad weather & again this year because of covid

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

View attachment 742614
View attachment 742612 View attachment 742613
Omg! The tree withe Lock, shock & barrel is fantastic!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The word Christmas is literally in the movie title, definitely December approved. Also very thrifty as many decorations will do double duty. If there was ever a year to lose your mind and get away with sympathy from your neighborhood, it's this year, go nuts 😁

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The word Christmas is literally in the movie title, definitely December approved. Also very thrifty as many decorations will do double duty. If there was ever a year to lose your mind and get away with sympathy from your neighborhood, it's this year, go nuts 😁

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! Haha! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts