Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial offerings for the 2009 season. Looks to be much of the same old stuff. Seriously, can't they come up with something other than another variation of a severed head or bloody hatchet?

Decorations New Decor for 2009

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Each year I hope against hope that they will come up with some really great stand out prop that is fresh and creative. Just never seems to happen. Their stuff started going downhill several years back but I remember when they actually put out some really fun stuff.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Actually....I have some very good info. The majority of the stuff is not in yet (it is only June). You should expect to see some great stuff in July/August.

There are some GREAT new props this year at what seems to be a little lower prices.

They are stepping up this year.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Has anyone given them some feedback on their products?
Give them suggestions for future products, etc. If the company thinks that it's still on track for marketing their current products, they won't be inspired to do much.

They had only had one store in my area several years ago, it hasn't returned since. (live an hr south of the Twin Cities) Sales were good but, the location not so much. I thought that they did better then their so called competition & overpriced, Halloween Express. Personally I liked having more options for Halloween shopping, other then the big retail stores. Yes, they did have some of the same things as Spencers (sister store) but they also had much more.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
They are very aware of us home haunters now.

I have talked with them many times and they are working hard to make sure that they have catered to the home haunter more this year than ever at least on the web site http://www.spirithalloween.com . As you may have noticed, they are more visible on this site and most of the other popular sites that cater to the home haunter.

We just need to realize that a lot of their best stuff is exclusive and does not come out until the beginning of the season (July/August). There are some decent stuff there already, but much more in the coming weeks.

And of course, as long as that works for them, they will do better and better every year.

YouTube - SpiritHalloween.com Radio Commercial

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I realize full well that the sampling of stuff on the site is not their best. The problem many of us noticed is that in many of their stores, the "good stuff" never even made it due to major distribution/management problems. I know this from talking to a few of the store managers who were extremely frustrated. I'll remain skeptical until the whole line is out. The last few years have been very flat.

·
crossfit zombie
7,490 Posts
I shop alot at spirit but last year did not get a prop I ordered at half off.I wasn't charged thank goodness.But what rubbed me wrong is they were still showing it on their website as for sell at full price months after my purchase.Infact they finally got around to cancelling it in March (I bought 10-30).I emailed them several times with no resonse.2008 was the first year they had crappy customer service.Hope they change or I won't buy from them I will go to spencers to buy the hot animation this year if I want it.Oh and they charged me for shipping up front on the whole order so I paid alot of shipping for 2 costumes.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah some of they're props are reasonably priced but I find the costumes outrageous and our Spirit store last year had a slim selection of scary adult costumes but they sure had a lot for women with big boobs and 5" heels. all costumes ridiculously overpriced.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
I think my new hometown will have a Spirit store. I know some of their stuff maybe isn't up to par with the talent on this forum, but for those of us who (for whatever reason) can't really build our own stuff, it helps a lot when you can't DIY or you're out of time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts