Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to stumble on this new network on DirecTV called El Rey Network. They are airing past series like The X-Files and Dark Angel among others but their primary reason to be apparently is to take the cult horror classic, From Dusk Till Dawn, from a movie to a series. Just saw a "making of" promo they did to promote it and it looks like they've done a nice job capturing a lot of the movie elements and made some interesting casting decisions. Yes, the vampire aspect is there too. I'm not big on horror movies like this but thought it was worth mentioning if you were a fan of the Clooney/Tarantino Gecko brothers. Like the movie this was developed by Robert Rodriguez.

In my area El Rey Network comes on Ch 341 but probably changes with area of the country. It premiered on March 11 and has been renewed for a second season already. Noticed from a Variety review that it also airs on Comcast and Time Warner and will have ties to Netflix. Some big corporate sponsors are lined up for the network. Not too many new cable channels lauching out there these days, kind of surprising.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
First that I have heard of this, but it could surely be interesting. Sadly, I just looked it up and found that I do not get the channel. Anyone else wondering how much T&A they are going to be able to get away with in a TV version? That was basically one of the main themes of the films...:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts