Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my delivery from Froggy's today minutes before I had to head into work. I have two machines I'm running, one to my Bone of Arc and the other to the cauldron creep.

In a bit of twisted humor I decided to order the barbeque scent to run with the burned at the stake prop. Opened up the scent, gave it a sniff...

Think of a cross between brisket and beef ribs dripping with tangy bbq sauce. That's the smell. Absolutely perfect.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,067 Posts
I love that stuff!! We used the charred corpse scent in our chop shop where we had a BBQ set up with fingers on the grill, it was perfect! We got lots of comments, eeeewww what is that smell!??

We have also used boiler room, mildew (for the cemetery), musty old house and this year chocolate chip cookie for the nursery!! I feel it really enhances the atmosphere. I also throw a hint of mildew on my costume! :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
What ever you do, don't get it on your hands. I was at a trade show and was picking up the various scents (of course the nasty ones), and the tops of the some of the bottles had the chemical on them. I didn't realize at first it was getting onto my fingers, and man that stuff lingered for the day and into the night.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ever you do, don't get it on your hands. I was at a trade show and was picking up the various scents (of course the nasty ones), and the tops of the some of the bottles had the chemical on them. I didn't realize at first it was getting onto my fingers, and man that stuff lingered for the day and into the night.
Too late, and it sure does.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love that stuff!! We used the charred corpse scent in our chop shop where we had a BBQ set up with fingers on the grill, it was perfect! We got lots of comments, eeeewww what is that smell!??

We have also used boiler room, mildew (for the cemetery), musty old house and this year chocolate chip cookie for the nursery!! I feel it really enhances the atmosphere. I also throw a hint of mildew on my costume! :)
What is boiler room like?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe you should dress up for the part and hand out beef jerky to the kids lol.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Just received my "neutral" sampler pack: Haunted House

Just received what Froggy's calls their "neutral" sampler pack. It contains 1 oz each of:

* Haunted House
* Swampy Marsh
* Gothic
* Rain Forest

SAM_1336.jpg

Would be interested in hearing more about what people think these particular scents smell like to them and which applications they'd use them for. And if mixing is safe / kosher...

I think some have stated mixing Haunted House + Swampy Marsh for a good cemetery / graveyard scent? Does it give that Freshly Dug Grave odor? If not, do any of these?

Or, since I will likely be doing a last minute shopping trip today, can I pick up a water-based scent like a strong dirt / potted soil from any typical Big Box, or other nationwide chain store, like:

* Dollar Tree
* Michaels
* Joanns Fabrics

... etc

But don't want to use if there's a risk of clogging up *any* of my foggers...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Any thoughts on "graveyard" fogger-safe scents from either Michael's or Dollar Tree? I'm headed out to shop now. Mausoleum coming along nicely. :)

Just received what Froggy's calls their "neutral" sampler pack. It contains 1 oz each of:

* Haunted House
* Swampy Marsh
* Gothic
* Rain Forest

View attachment 228015

Would be interested in hearing more about what people think these particular scents smell like to them and which applications they'd use them for. And if mixing is safe / kosher...

I think some have stated mixing Haunted House + Swampy Marsh for a good cemetery / graveyard scent? Does it give that Freshly Dug Grave odor? If not, do any of these?

Or, since I will likely be doing a last minute shopping trip today, can I pick up a water-based scent like a strong dirt / potted soil from any typical Big Box, or other nationwide chain store, like:

* Dollar Tree
* Michaels
* Joanns Fabrics

... etc

But don't want to use if there's a risk of clogging up *any* of my foggers...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Thumbs Down on Froggy's Fog Scent "neutral" sampler :-(

Any thoughts on "graveyard" fogger-safe scents from either Michael's or Dollar Tree? I'm headed out to shop now. Mausoleum coming along nicely. :)
Unfortunately, sad to report, I disliked all 4 fog Froggy's Fog scents in the "neutral" sampler. Had high hopes for Haunted House and Swampy Marsh, but no one in my family cared for either. Lots of money spent on something I find unusable. Can't imagine I can return--used a little of each in separate foggers. Just ordered several varieties of Froggy's Fog juice--hoping to be impressed.

Can anyone still recommend going with a Potting Soil fragrance oil? I'd really like to strong fresh soil smell as a fog scent for the graveyard. But none of the 4 Froggy's Fog scents struck my nose as being anything like that. Wish they would create a Soil / Fresh Dirt fog scent additive--that's all I'd need. And I'd expect they'd use good quality chemicals that would be safe for fogger and people alike.

Scent is somewhat subjective and I'm glad people find these scents useful for their haunts. Thinking I might like to try a Popcorn, Cotton Candy, or some other child-friendly scent in my bubble fogger. My bubble fogger--deployed in my yard haunt for the first time ever this season--was a *huge* hit with kids.

One parent's two girls were so transfixed with the bubbles that he called it a Baby Sitter. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear you didn't like yours. My cat got out last night and was sitting on the burned at the stake prop when it went off. He still smells like BBQ today. I might've added a bit much.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't like yours. My cat got out last night and was sitting on the burned at the stake prop when it went off. He still smells like BBQ today. I might've added a bit much.
No worries. Was worth a try. Just not right for my tastes.

Poor kitty! :-(

One of our cats got out accidentally once during Halloween set-up. Father-in-law thought it would be cool to remove a screen from the front window. Not cool. Our boy cat jumped out into the hedges. Fortunately he got scared and ran back up to the front door where we could let him in. He also likes hanging out by the open front windows, even with props set up, and screens, of course, all in place. But runs like the wind once props start getting activated--like our Gemmy Spirit Ball. Then returns for more... then scares himself again when the Spirit Ball goes off again. Rinse, lather, repeat. :)

Here's our guy checking out an indoor test of our singing pumpkins a while back:

And a photo of our guy hanging out with a Skeleton from yesterday afternoon:
20141031_Cat_With_Skeleton.jpg

·
Registered
438 Posts
So are these scents safe to use in fog machines? I thought I read from years past that scented fog juice ruins fog machines?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
So, I'm still waiting to hear from Froggy's about whether I can return the "neutral" fog scents for a refund or a replacement--might like to try the popcorn / cotton candy scent. Emailed a few days ago about no response. Was hoping they'd have a Satisfaction Guarantee...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
So, I'm still waiting to hear from Froggy's about whether I can return the "neutral" fog scents for a refund or a replacement--might like to try the popcorn / cotton candy scent. Emailed a few days ago about no response. Was hoping they'd have a Satisfaction Guarantee...
Still waiting for Froggy's to respond. Either there's a large backlog of requests or no one's in the office? Hoping to hear from them soon about doing a return... I would call them but I'm not a Phone Guy. Prefer doing all business over email.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Will never purchase from Froggy's again--no satisfaction guarantee evidently

Well, will never purchase from Froggy's again. My mistake in not checking to see if they had a Satisfaction Guarantee. The scents I received didn't at all have a strong smell like dirt / soil. They refused a refund, saying the scents were clearly labeled and offered only a 20% discount on other fog scents. Worst customer service I've had in quite some time. They did say they couldn't accepted an opened return due to "health and safety precautions." Does that sound typical / reasonable or just a poor business practice?

Guess I will have to try some inexpensive Potting Soil fragrance oil. Makes me not want to ever order Fog from them again either. Odd for there to be no Satisfaction Guarantee. Even eBay guarantees purchases from vendors when the vendor won't stand behind their product.

It's one thing ordering very inexpensive items (e.g. a $3 container of fragrance oil) and having no Satisfaction Guarantee / refund policy for a product of this kind. Quite another for a very expensive sampler set--around $40 + shipping if I remember correctly.

I'm glad others have enjoyed their scents, but again, I was looking for a strong Freshly Dug Soil scent. And none of the four smelled in any way like that to my nose.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I made my own fog juice this year,better than the Commercial ones I thought and a lot cheaper.No Scents though.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I made my own fog juice this year,better than the Commercial ones I thought and a lot cheaper.No Scents though.
What formula did you use? I use inexpensive foggers anyway. So maybe it's all hype about Froggy's. I bought 3 different varieties of Froggy's Fog that I have not tested yet. Wonder if I should return them, unopened, on principle. Color me unhappy, just a bit, about my experience with Froggy's...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts