Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

here is my experience with Frightcatalog. I am located on Ramstein Air Base Germany, the largest US Air Force Base outside of the US. I am a German national but I work for the US Goverment. My wife is American and we are real halloween nerds. Every year we convert our house into a haunted house and party with 30 to 50 people. But back to the point:

I just received my order, the Barbee Prop (Stock# 1025008) and the Death Head (Stock# 1025011). I ordered both props in mid August and the website advertised 2 to 4 weeks time to delivery now almost 2 month later I got the order. My credit card was charged with 218,93$ right after I ordered in August. After I received the shipment, I could see that the postage was only 9$ and it was send in a regular size box. The Barbee Prop is marked as an oversized item. Both props were stuffed in a small box which caused deformation and makes repairs necessary. I paid 38$ for shipping of an oversized item but the actual shipping was only 9$. As an result of stuffing an oversized item in a regular box, damage was caused. My email to Frightcatalog complaining about this has not been answered to this day.

Hagen

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hagen, I would give them a call. Mark from frightcatalog is usually wandering around here. They should take care of you. They actually have really good customer service from my past experiences. Let us know if everything works out. -Jon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,

I did send an email to Frightcatalog. But like I said, so far no answer. It makes me wonder, what about all the other people who are not members here, they don't have the benefit that Mark, I guess the owner, takes care of complaints just because of this platform here.

How come that matters are resolved if you contact Mark direct or by PM and not if you write to his employees? Don't get me wrong, I am not bitching around I just wonder.

Hagen

·
Banned
535 Posts
Well i have never had a problem with them and mark is great guy to deal with. My guess is that it was likely on back order they have alot of items like that. Ok now the box deal i have had similar problems in the past from ordering from different companies where the box they had originally put it in was destroyed so the hub decided to put it in a another box that was not made for the item much less hold it. This happened to me with a set a speakers ages ago and the magnets were busted loose. Having to go through customs and all id say that was the delay (atleast two weeks worth maybe more) and maybe even a box transfer. Theres no telling what happens in customs and in transfer.

2,442 Posts
international shipping

I thought they didn't ship overseas it says so on their website. I'm gutted now as they have so much cool stuff and I didn't think they'd ship to the U.K I would have bought some stuff from them otherwise

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never had any problems with Fright Catalog either. Mark is a great guy and has been in the Halloween business for many many years. I still shop at Fright Catalog for myself around Halloween, because they carry some stuff I don't and the service is very good.

I don't believe they ship overseas, however, Werewolf is on a military base, so they probably ship to APO boxes as that is technically considered the US.

- Shawn
FrightTime Productions
FrightTime Productions - Home

·
Registered
735 Posts
We don't ship to APOs or military bases due to shipping problems. For some reason with military shipping things can get held up forever. We shipped an order that was going 20 miles to a base in our area. It took a month and a week for them to get it. Thats just one example. Its not worth having a bunch of upset customers over something you can't control.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark told me he will take care of my complaint.

True APO is considered US territory, so the shipping rates are the same as homeland US. APO mail takes usually 7 to 10 days to get to Germany.

It is very sad to read that some companies don't send to APO
boxes. Tens of thousands of american soldiers and civilians who ensure freedom, safety and prosperity are left behind. Being stationed overseas means also being cut off from a lifestyle one is used to be. So besides phone, internet receiving mail and being able to order products one is used to have brings a bit of "home" to often far locations all over the world. A nation who ows so much to so few people should not worry about a shipment that might be overdue. Besides that, usually shipping to APO Boxes is fast, and safe. Now think about it next time you pump gas or when you enjoy a safe flight or simply think about this matter every day when you weak up in your own home in your beloved country - who ensures it that you have all these privileges?

Hagen
P.S. I am a German national who served 15 years in the military with deployments all over the globe - I know stuff !

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's not that we are not appreciative of what US soldiers do for our country. Its the mail service. We had a total of four orders last year that took over 30 days to arrive at their destinations. We get really pissed off emails demanding to know why they haven't received there costumes. I don't know why it takes so long. They think it was somehow a mistake on our end when the packages always turn up very very late. We ship the day after payment is made. This year we made an exception to a man who begged for us to send him a mask. Sure enough three weeks later emails demanding to know where the item was. It turns out it was sitting at his base for 20 days. So now we will ship to any family members address you want and they can in turn ship it on to you. Works much better this way. They know we ship on time every time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I shipped a costume last week to a guy stationed in Okinawa. I haven't heard whether or not he's received it yet. I hope it arrives before Halloween. APO orders don't come in very often.

Werewolf, we appreciate and honor your service. Glad Mark was able to make it right.

- Shawn
FrightTime Productions
FrightTime Productions - Home

·
Registered
205 Posts
First order from them and it was excellent. I placed an order on Monday and got it on Thursday! Packaging was my only complaint, but everything made it and was ok inside so I can't complain really :D.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Werewolf, I had some of the same problems you did. My order had damaged props and masks and was even missing an item. I called customer service and the girl didn't seem too concerned. They sent my missing prop, but the girl on the phone asked if I could try to fix the mask myself. I messaged Mark here, he said he would take care of it and for me to e-mail him at his regular e-mail address. I did that and explained everything and until this day I haven't heard a thing back. Oh well. I just placed an order with Halloween Asylum a couple days ago. I hope I have a better experience with them.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Have never ordered from fright catalog as seems alot of they're stuff is a little higher priced & found them with other vendors for less. Have dealt with halloween asylum & they are great,as are horror dome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,

I contacted Mark by email. In his answer he told me he would refund me the 29$ postage and he would also send me a package to make up for the "issues I've experienced". That was on 10/22/08. So far I have not received anything but I will let you guys know if I'll ever receive something.

Hagen

·
Registered
205 Posts
They're still running the 50% off of $100 orders so I was considering on picking up a few things but a lot is out of stock, but says "will be available soon" . Does anyone know if it's out of stock does that typically mean that it won't be restocked until later next year sometime or do they get things in throughout the year?

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i like fright catalog and haven't had any shipping or packing problems but my only complaint is, my sister and i would order from the catalog and get cool stuff. one year we got a flyer stating fright catalog really appreciated all the business we gave them. they were giving us a preferred customer discount. hey, cool! i used the discount and got moan eke and my sister used the discount and got katrina. we really like them and it feels pretty good to be a preferred customer and appreciated. but, this is the time we started ebaying and we found fright catalog sells on line to joe blow for less then appreciated preferred customers. we still get the catalog, but mostly we go online if we buy so we can be joe blow and get the better deals rather than that [preferred customer] deal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mark promised me a 2008 catalog bak in Sept. 08, I have not heard anything since, even with some gentle prodding reminder emails which went unanswered. I only hope that I can get a 2009 catalog this year...I still have faith.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
FC is not always my final choice due to price, but I have literally never had a bad customer service experience with them.

They have taken returns with ease, price matched to Target and generally responded to emails quickly.

I don't blame them for their prices, you have to pay the bills and HW only comes once per year. I love their catalog and it would be sad to not have them around.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts