Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St Patrick’s day is around the corner and I’m starting to brainstorm for my 2nd Annual Party.

I was thinking, since my party will be on the Sat before the holiday and the date is 3/15, I would mesh the holiday with Shakespeare.. you know… ‘the Ides of March’ and all that.

As cool as I think this idea is, I’m hitting a wall on what theme to follow as far as room decoration.. Do I go with a 16th Century Theatre House or stay to the Irish Bar theme sprinkled with St Patrick’s day or ?

Is anyone else planning a Party ? Would love to share ideas.

So far, I’m scattered –
I mirrored the Shakespeare Game I found on a PBS website ‘Do you have what it takes to be a 16th Century Playwright?’ and I made a layout so it can be played by the guests for the party My inspiration link is here : http://www.pbs.org/shakespeare/

I’ve started a dinner program, I will post the first page so you can see where I’m going.

I bought about a dozen miniature lego’s as small prizes – “St Patrick’s’

I saw a cool can written note “Things We owe to Shakespeare” http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/09/15/140520535/things-we-say-today-and-owe-to-shakespeare but I cant seem to print it as an 11 x 17 without it being blurry, so I made my own.

The Menu will be the same as last year – I will start to cure my own corned beef 03/03/14.

Here’s some pictures of where I’m at

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m struggling with this one. It made sense to me in the beginning.. who know how this will go with my guests. I ditched the St Patricks room theme as well as the Irish Bar. I am going with 16th Century décor.

Erin found me a cool photo of a dining room from the 1600’s. (see attached) I’ve chosen that as my inspiration if you will. I bought rugs at Walmart to anchor the room that coordinate with the tablecloths. I bought a wall mural from the mural Store of an old world map. It’s 13 ft x 8 ft. So that’s 1 wall taken care of.

I ordered holiday green table cloths from Bed Bath & Beyond that were the after Christmas sale. $7.99/ea 60” x 104”. I usually have my dining room table with an extra Walmart folding table, however last year I bought the floor sample table off the showroom floor for $150.00. It’s identical to mine. Extended it’s 40” x 80 “ ~ add the second table and you have 13ft. of dining room real estate.

I came across this cool green grape 3D centerpiece and I liked the look. Highly impractical because its ceramic grapes. That’s when I got the idea to use Banana Hanger Stands on the tables to hang real green grapes – Centerpiece / Edible Tablescape. Just add nuts and small plates of cheese and figs.

Now I’m on the hunt for either scene setters or an easy way to cover the upper part of the walls with a gold textured wallpaper. I also want to come up with a way to give the impression the bottom of the wall is wood wainscoting.

I need a large gold framed picture. Really Large. I want to have the Ophelia picture within it.

I have 6 games for the evening

1. Playwright of the 16th Century
2. Ophelia’s Flowers
3. Shakespeare Quotes
4. – (Easter Egg) Secret Acrostic Game hidden within the Shakespeare Quotes
5. All that glitters is not gold
6. Irish Limerick’s ~

I started adding to my Pinterest Page to help gather pictures in one place http://www.pinterest.com/celipops/shakespeare-party-~-beware-of-the-ides-of-march/

I’ve been making paper flowers to give as favors at the end of the evening. I also came across a really cute goodie bag I’m tossing over doing as well. Here is the site : http://modernmomentsdesigns.com/2012/03/11/free-st-patricks-day-printables/

Anyhow.. that’s where I am at.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finalized the dinner program and the menu - and added a few games they can play

I bought $100 worth of SACAGAWEA Dollars for the prized pot of gold for the people that figure out the sleeper game i hid in the program. Its a Scavenger hunt and I meshed it with something cool i found online so they can actually look up their answer to more forward in the game.

Using the attached raven picture for the background of the clue cards - found it off the wed as a St. Patrick's day menu

I bought 2 24 x 36 gold wooden frames - i framed Ophelia in one and Since I am giving away Lego leprechauns as a prize I framed a lego version of the same picture. I thought it had a fun juxtaposition.

Not sure what I can use the frames for after this.. but it was a good find anyhow.....

I learned how to make paper roses to give out as favors at the end of the night... thought it kinda went with the Ophelia theme

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached is the banan stand i ended up buying 8 of to hang fresh clusters of grapes across the table.
The Framed and finished Ophelia Lego picture.
The outdoor table that inspired me to do my own papaer cascade to the floor of one table
The poster i came across that i find hysterical
and a really cute use of my black 5 x 7 frames " You're the gold at the end of my Rainbow"

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts