Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
A fellow haunter and I decided to modify an existing store bought prop and because we are both competitive with each other, of course it had to be a competition, lol. We both took a store bought skeleton dog and modified it however we wanted, ironically both doing a sort of zombie theme. We are asking fellow haunters to be the judge of which one you like the best. So if you could indulge us and vote either 'red' for the red dog or 'brown' for the brown dog we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Halloween!

original:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I cast my vote for the RED dog for overall effect and realism (I liked the fur and blood dripping out of the mouth), and it seemed to loose a leg in the build LOL (very likely intentional), on the other hand I will complement the corpsing on the brown dog is excellent and I like the glowing eyes -- it adds to effect. BTW doesn't the red dog also have LED's? -- they come standard in the prop as purchased right? Maybe they weren't turned on, going for realism. Okay... overall -- both show a good degree of skill.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm going to break from everyone else and vote brown. I feel like the red one is almost too disgusting. Can't believe I'm saying that as Leatherface is my favorite horror character lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My partner likes the red dogs face but prefers the brown dogs body. I see the red one as just a really angry possum (never seen one in real life so could be totally wrong haha but that's just what I see!) But it does look smart overall. As does the brown, I think the brown deserves credit for being simply but very effectively corpsed (if that's the right word, no discredit to the time and effort put in etc) so.... I'm torn, they're both great depending on the setting they'll be put in.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Both are amazing and each have their own character. I'm really torn as to which one to cast a vote for. I like the red one because it looks like a recently dead dog that was pretty badly mangled by a Mac truck and just rose from the grave and went devouring whatever he could find to eat. I also like how the brown one looks to have been dead longer so it's hard to say what he died from. Was it an illness, being hit by a vehicle, or old age? Who knows? Either way he looks creepy. I wouldn't want to meet either of them in a dark alley that is for sure.

If blood and gore is what you are going for then the red one takes it hands down.
If subtle but creepy is what you are going for then the brown one takes the cake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The brown is probably the best desiccated dog I've seen built off a howler but the red... while not quite as thorough in detailing the ribs has the most visual impact overall. Love the brown but the red is just way over the top for me. Voting Red for the 'WOW WTF?!?!' value.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They are both incredible and I would gladly like to have either! If I had to choose I would pick the red one because I was drawn to the dripping blood out of its mouth. Great jobs!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I love the bloody massacred red dawg! Especially the drippy fangs because a chunky smile is definitely a Kodak moment! The fur is also very appropriate!

The brown dog could use a little more shoe polish on the skull to hide the plastic-y texture.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts