Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Johnny Thunder here. Guess what, gang? Shock of all shocks!! :D

A sequel to the Friday remake has been officially green-lit. Yes, that's right - Jason will be coming back to slice and dice his way through the theaters once again (no surprise given the money the remake made).

Word is that it won't be a direct follow up to the remake's ending, and it won't be a mish-mash of the first few flicks from the original series. Nispel may be back as director, but nothing is set yet.

Dark Horizons | News | "Friday the 13th" Sequel Moves Ahead - February 27th 2009

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Good lord! I HATED the remake. I thought it was one of the worst remakes I have seen.

I am not surprised that they are doing a sequel though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I liked the F13 reboot much more than Zombie's Halloween remake. Now I will say that I have not seen the F13 reboot since the theater so watching the dvd might change my mind. I know once I watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot on dvd after seeing it the theater I hated it even more so the same could happen with the Friday film.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I also hated it. Here are some reasons why:

-Jason doesn't look right with blonde hair.
-No cha cha, except for 1 time in the movie, plus the big jolt noises (Jason is coming, let's scare the audience for the 900th time. Annoying)
-Is Jason a track runner? (He's so fast.)
-Especially at the beginning, you would see Jason for like 10 seconds, and than you wouldn't see him.
-It's been 29 years, and Jason hasn't received his mask?
-There was no reason why the mask was in the barn.
-First movie in this movie is like done in like no time (mother gone, move on). I forgot how long, but maybe 5 minutes of Friday the 13th: 1
-Secret lair, stupid.
-At 20 minutes, it's like the beginning of the movie again.
-He uses every weapon possible in this movie (What, 15 different weapons.)

-I thought it would be a great idea to combine movies (1, 2 & 3), but in my opinion they failed so miserably. What they did really is have part 1 is hardly any time as I said, and than for the next part, they got new people like they were showing part 2 (5 people), and than comes part 3 with more new people (6 people). I mean why would they treat this movie like it's 3 separate movies in one? Instead of having sets of different people like they did (a set of 5 people, and a set of 6 people), they should have had multiple people at the camp at the same time.

(Cont) In that one movie, they had camp counselors, and than they had hunting people too, and maybe tourists. The point is that you only need for him to find the sheet of cloth, put it on, get someone to get it off of him, and than make him find a mask from a prankster in order to be the Jason we all know. I think the reason why they made this movie have 3 parts is because I believe that people want Jason to have the mask right away, and they also want Jason in the movie period. In the 1st one, he was barely in it, and in the second one, he had a sheet of cloth on his head.

It was only a hour and half, but it seemed like a really long movie to me. I give this movie 1/2 of star out of 4. Part 9 and Jason X are also ones I don't like, but Jason X I at least give 2 stars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm a huge Friday fan - I better be, I've been running a F13th site for over 14yrs.

But I enjoyed the reboot for what it was. It wasn't complete trash like RZ's Halloween. If you don't think about it too hard it could almost be a sequel to some of the earlier films in the series.

Overall it didn't have that classic Friday feeling, the beginning sorta did, but then they screwed that up by killing all those people off LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts