Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have a question for people. Do you think that halloween falling on a friday will result in a greater attendance to our home haunts, or will the number be lessend because people will have a greater tendency to go "out"?
We had around 450 people last year; and we are bigger and better for 08. Just hoping for record turnouts.
Would love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Like married people with kids "go out" :p

Just kidding, I think it will be great this year barring any weather hickups. Next year its gonna be on Saturday! Woot!

Because it gets so cold here at times on Halloween we made it a tradition to serve hot chocolate instead of candy for all the shivering people who want to stay and take everything in.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
For us, it will conflict with high school football. As you may or may not know, if you live in a small town in Texas high school football is EVERYTHING! Actually though, as bad as our team is this year, it may not cause much of a conflict at all...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
our local team will most likely be done; as they start playoffs tonight. and most likely the season will be over.

·
Registered
457 Posts
For us, it will conflict with high school football. As you may or may not know, if you live in a small town in Texas high school football is EVERYTHING! Actually though, as bad as our team is this year, it may not cause much of a conflict at all...
Our small town in middle Tennessee is the same way. Thankfully they had the game changed to Thursday night. Most of the parties Ive been invited to or heard about are on Saturday night. Im desperately hoping for LOTS of tots :)

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
This year should be a good one. With the clocks not changing til after Halloween now we may have to be open longer. I think more people will wait til it gets dark since they don't have work or school the next morning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we can hope; we generally have alot of adult/college kids attend, and i'm hoping they swing by first before they head out for the night.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I'm just hoping for more than the two kids whose aunt promised me she'd bring them by. hah hah.

I may head over to Cassie's house so I can see her record attendance though!

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
I think more and later, last year by 10pm we were done. I think this year people will start later cuz there's no rush to get home. Those that stayed in last year are more likely to go out this year.

·
Grand WaZoo
845 Posts
I'm thinking there will be a rush early and then after the football games another late rush of older kids. If the weather is good then I'm predicting a banner year.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
We had ~150 TOTs last year, and I'm looking forward to a better turnout this time. We really expanded the display, and since my two teens aren't going out for candy, I'll have more time to enjoy the little ones while they hand out the goodies. I hope for good weather!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If it's anything like when I was a kid, we were busting to get home from school and start ToT'ing! Something about a Friday halloween that made it extra great! And it tends to go later too, with the next day being Saturday. With daylight being what it is in the NY area, it gets dark early- around 6:30. That is awesome. If the weather holds, all these things factored in will be great. I actually look forward to next year- Saturday!

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts