Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have had band camp these past two weeks for over 100 kids. A couple of days ago, a few of the band parents hit me up to host an outdoor-all night Friday 13th Movie Marathon for the band kids...to which I agreed, of course! After all, it can't be any more crowded than our Halloween parties! I am going to put up our Jason at the end of my driveway so they can easily find the house.

They are going to be out in the woods. Would love to have a few scares for them. Got some really creative dads/moms in this group. Can you suggest anything to get them really good :D

TIA

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
926 Posts
that sounds like so much fun!! I love that idea. Are you just doing scary movies, or the actual Friday the 13th series? Just FYI, if you are using the Friday the 13th series, there is some nudity in theme and sexual content as well. My friends and I watch them on Friday the 13th and always laugh at the ones from the 80s....lots of topless scenes. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I think the last one that came out last year had nudity as well. You dont want any angry parents and mad school officials, lol!

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
Wow! You have cool band parents! I was a band mom for nine years and believe me, no one would have ever suggested such a thing! I think they all thought I was corrupting their little darlings as it was!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
outdoor movie

that sounds like so much fun!! I love that idea. Are you just doing scary movies, or the actual Friday the 13th series? Just FYI, if you are using the Friday the 13th series, there is some nudity in theme and sexual content as well. My friends and I watch them on Friday the 13th and always laugh at the ones from the 80s....lots of topless scenes. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I think the last one that came out last year had nudity as well. You dont want any angry parents and mad school officials, lol!
Yes, it Friday 13th Series. That was my thoughts exactly, but I emailed our band director and his reply was this "I don’t see a problem with this; it is a private event and the exact nature of the movies is completely clear. If a parent has a problem with these movies, then they shouldn’t let their child go." That being said, we are going thru with it. Several of the parents are scheming already as to how we can scare the kids. Plus, if a scene comes on that is too bad, we can hit the FF button :)

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
the scene when Jason comes up from the lake at the end of the first film is terrorfing. set up a guy in a Jason outfit to grap the scardest co-ed at that moment. LOL but be worned the pee her pants will happen. Also some of the Jason CHCHCH- CAHCAHCAH sound can be put on a loop and played on hidden speakers with a motionactivated point. that should scare some one going off to the bathroom durring the show.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow, those are some sick parents. I LIKE them!!!!!! What an awesome idea!!!!!!! So many parents these days don't really get involved like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts