Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at work today, minding my own business when one of the servers from the hotel restaurant stops me in the lobby and says hay, want a coffin. My first reaction was , yeah I can think of a couple to bury today. She laughs and says, oh nobody told you yet. What? I replied.
I have a coffin for you. She was holding onto it for a friend for a few years who was into Halloween but passed away last year. She was going to throw it away then thought of me.

I have now determined that it is a good thing, when co-workers know of your "Halloween habit" and are not afraid to continue to feed it.

Here is the pic

[

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, strange markings on the lid compared to the rest of it, but free is good. :eek:
I was told that when she moved that coffee had been spilled on it............Must be a dark roast.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's a great Coffin. Wish I had co-workers like yours. No one has ever given me a coffin (new or used). I'm sure you could digs some up if you are fast and don't mind working the graveyard shift.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The detailing on the sides is really nice. It looks like they used cabinet doors. If they did, that would be a real time saver plus the designs are already routed in. I love the patina of the lid and second the notion to make the rest of the coffin look like the lid. The lid looks to me that it was a paint can holder shelf/work area.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suhweeeet! Actually I really love the way the lid looks. It looks like it was just dug up. Lol. If it were mine, I would actually try to get the rest of the coffin to look exactly like it. :)
I have seen tutorial's of how to age wood, but I don't know where to start to try and copy the lid stains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts