Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled an old microwave out of the storage shed to put up for sale at a garage sale and discovered that after storing it for 3 years and moving it twice that it no longer worked. I took it apart to see what was inside and discovered the little motor that rotates the food dish is a cute little 120 volt geared motor. It had 3 wires coming off of it, 2 together and one by itself. I cut the spare off and wired on the power cord that I had harvested from the microwave and Tada, I have a neat little prop motor that only rotate at 3 rpm. Don't know what to use it for yet. I let it run for 3 hours and it and the wires barely warmed up so I believe it to be safe. Never throw anything away right! I saved the device that holds the plate and engages the output shaft as it has an odd fitting to it and will be necessary to use it for whatever prop.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Very cool. We've got one of those hot oil popcorn poppers that has the wire sweeper in the bottom to push the popcorn around but the actual plastic connection between the motor and the plate is starting to get stripped - I figure it can't have much torque but it might be salvageable for something. Waiting for it to die. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's amazing what we discard as useless. Just never know. Maybe you need to arrange an "accident" wink wink for your pop corn popper so you can ravage it with tools of mass construction!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts