Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW HEARSE DRIVER 2.jpg FREE HEARSE LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, RIVERSIDE 92506

I am retiring and giving away my home made hearse to anyone who can pick it up.

Fine Print: It has been outside for the past year and a bit weathered … very heavy and will need someone with a flatbed to haul it off. Some tlc, black paint and repair one of the wheels would restore it.

Included is a real metal coffin, lighted interior and a driver figure.

It is a good project for fixers or can be used as it is as an old worn out hearse.

I really hate to part with it but my decorating days are over (never thought I would see the day).

Let me know if you are interested and we can make arrangements for you to come see it.

Also, I have an old gurney that you can have as well.

Pictures of when it was in its prime

CONTACT ME: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I would love to have your hearse MADAM but alas I live all the way on the other side of the country, a bit too far to pick up. Sorry to hear your hanging up your hat.
Some lucky person is going to end up with a treasure, very cool prop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm interested, but I'm out of the country until next weekend. I could come check it out then. I live in Carlsbad. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to All who sent their condolences for my retirement. I sure hope someone can use this hearse prop and has the means to move it to their haunt. It really is unique and has brought so many fond memories of Halloweens Past. Alas, it's time to pass the gauntlet on to some younger devote ... hopefully it will end up in a good place and will continue to bring screams of joy and frivolity.

There has been several who expressed interest but no takers as of this moment ...

With much respect and continuing good wishes to all who share my passions for H.

~Madam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, very interested. I sent you an email. I get back from my honeymoon in Fiji on Saturday the 15th, and I can be there with a trailer on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Wow, that is a pretty amazing piece! I can only imagine what the rest of your decorating was like. Your neighbors were pretty lucky to have you living next door with decorations like that! Hopefully they appreciatd it :) And hopefully one of our forumers will be able to get it and keep it alive!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
I can't thank Madam enough for everything! Also to her son, who helped us get the hearse out of Madam's yard
and onto the trailer.

Guess which Halloween Forum member was lucky enough to get Madam's horse drawn hearse:D:D:D
Not only that, but the casket, the hearse driver, a gravedigger, a 1920's metal gurney, the sign, and a
bunch of tombstones!!! Haunters really are the very best people!

I have vowed to give it a good home~can't wait to begin giving it a little spruce up (we lost some of
the window panels and molding on the hour+ transport home), plus we need to give it some sort
of undercarriage, as we had to do a little surgery in order to get it to its new home.

Here she is, newly arrived, resting in a shady spot.
IMG_8663 (1024x672).jpg

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Omg punkineater, I'm so jealous and so happy for you, you acted fast on it, congrats and Madam was super nice to throw in those extra treats, wow what a great day it was for you! Glad it went to one of our own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you to all who sent replies.

It was a bitter/sweet experience letting my hearse go ... but good to know that it will be well loved and put to good use. It went to a lovely couple and I feel that I made some new friends ... I was invited to their annual Halloween Party and can't wait to see their haunt.

I look forward to continuing to read all your posts and see the fabulous photos of your creative and talented props. I may have hung up my witches hat but not the passion and heart that still beats with exuberance when it comes to Halloween. You can take the witch out of Halloween but you can't take the Halloween out of the witch ... I shall always be the Godmother (R) of our special Day!

Best witches to All ...

~Madam

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Thank you, Scorpion & WWW. I thought for sure it would be gone lickity split, and assumed so. Hubs said, go ahead and email Madam, if it's gone, it's gone. She emailed me back immediately, said it was still available. I literally fell out of my chair, screamed to the hubs that we were going to Riverside!!!!!!!! To have such a wonderful prop, made by her son BTW, 'paid forward' to another haunter, what a gift!
Madam took pics after we had her baby loaded onto the trailer. I know it was hard, she's been a haunter for life. Her son told us how her house is THE Halloween house in the neighborhood. We exchanged hugs (the hubs and I disgustingly sweaty, sorry Madam) and invited them to our party. Besides all of the GREAT stuff she gave us, there was one moment that really said it all. As I turned to get into the truck, I saw a sign in her front window saying something like A Haunter Lives Here, to which I commented to her son. He said that stays there 24/7-365. Brought a tear to my eye. Gotta LOVE THAT!!! To you, Madam, I bow my pointy hat :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
we do, indeed, hope Madam will stay with us...sometimes it's ALMOST as thrilling to live vicariously thru others. And we ALL need a Godmother to watch over us. <3

Punkineater, you are one lucky girl! Can't wait to see pics of your haunt with this awesome, OOAK prop!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts