Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow haunters! My brother and I have been decorating for the last FSix years but we are trying to expand last year we had made a maze for all the kids and it turned out to be a hit. But it was only up one day and we uses metal posts with black garbage bags and some black fabric roll. Needles to say it wasn't very sturdy does anyone have any good ideas on how to make a free standing out door maze? also we have a website if you want to check us out it is halloweenmaze.com/ga.js.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Like the graphics on your website. I clicked on the link to Fun Times at the Maze but didn't really see anything that looked like a maze so I guess I'm a bit lost on what you did.

Is the outdoor maze in an open grassy space or on a paved area like a driveway or patio? Do you have trees or pergola posts or fencing to make use of? If you have a pic of your space it might be helpful for people to comment on. Last year I saw a few really extensive (in the ground space they covered) open maze haunts here on the forum. Sometimes the walkway was open but took you into a tented area.

You definitely want to keep safety in mind and not have anything falling down on the ToTers and stability is probably the biggest challenge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea we didn't get any pictures from last years maze the pictures on the site are from a few years ago. this year we will have plenty of pictures to add to the site. There are a couple of trees but for the most part it is open.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Have you thought about using:

1/4 in 4x8 hardboard framed by 2x2x8 furring strips for wall panels?
The hardboard is much cheaper then using osb plywood, lighter & cheaper too. Could make the panels single sided or double sided as well. Have you entertained the thought of using the "Triangular Grid System" for wall placement? It's best to use 2 long thin galvanized metal strips (1 top & bottom) to achieve the angle. But either way you would have to paint the panels with Exterior latex paint to protect the panels from the weather.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You might check some construction sites to see if they have scrap lumber(2x4's etc.) and/or advetise and ask for donations. It is a nonproffit maze, right? Once framed, you could use black plastic, cardboard, plywood, OSB or what ever for the walls. Just a suggestion. Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts