Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at a Halloween projection video. I was playing with various techniques and just getting comfortable with the video editing software. It has no audio, and is meant to be one of several loops that I'll use in the days leading up to Halloween. Feel free to use this in your own display or projection remix, and let me know if you find it interesting or useful. One of the benefits of DIY is that I can tailor it for my specific window layout, so I've also posted a similarly named clip which is identical except for slightly different figure placement. Choose whichever works better in your window configuration.

I created this video loop using OpenShot and ShotCut, both of which are open source (free) non-linear video editors (NLEs). They're each a bit quirky, and have different feature sets and issues, which is why it took 2 programs. But overall they did the job and are straightforward to use. I'm now using node-based video compositing software in addition to the NLE programs. It should allow me to produce better quality projections. I doubt that I'll rival the commercial offerings, but there is some pleasure in just doing things yourself, and sharing with others who have a similar interest.

I'll update this thread as I create more windows projections, and also give some info about how they're made. If you know of any free online videos, please add them to this thread, as the other threads seem to only cover commercial offerings.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts