Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for some antique looking anatomical drawings with the little call outs for the parts - wanted to use them in a set of black frames.

I found this site:

Clipart ETC Homepage

for students and teachers... and it has high resolution art (see the download tiff on each page) available as a free download. The categories are extensive, but if you go to science and then biology, you'll see human anatomy offered - with sooooo many awesome drawings of skeletal and cardio.

Heart Clipart

There are also historical illustrations, art, architecture, etc...
Dance of Death, The Astrologer Clipart

They are digitizing artwork and drawings that are in the public domain, meaning that the artwork is out of copyright so they can do this. They do however, retain a copyright by redrawing all of this stuff. You can email request to the project manager in their FAQ area to ask about using any of their artwork in NON-COMMERCIAL usage. That means if you want some of their stuff to use for decor for your party or to carve on a tombstone, then they'll be fine with it most likely, but you can't sell this stuff (that would be considered derivative work and could be copyright infringement... a big no-no).

Restrictions. No commercial use may be made of the clipart on this site without written permission of FCIT. Clipart from this site may not be used to create obscene or scandalous works. Clipart of individuals or businesses may not be used to suggest endorsements of products, services, or activities. Under no circumstances may the clipart on this site be included in any other published clipart collection, whether sold or distributed freely.

So please if you do use any of these, follow their restrictions. They are not asking for much considering the amazing amount and quality of graphics available and for all of the work that someone put into to doing this. :)

Reaper
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Frankie's Girl! I've been looking for better images than the ones I already have!

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a three pack of these 4" square black frames from Target a few months ago for $2.50. They hang on shiny ribbon.

I printed out 3 of the anatomical drawings and framed them:

I probably will end up hanging them in a row instead of stacked, but just wanted to post a pic of what these looked like. I LOVE them. May be leaving them out all year... :rolleyes:

Registered
amazing website....this is what the internet was meant for - sharing information and enlightining the world...I love this. Thanks for the post!

Registered
That looks awesome Frankie's Girl! I love black and white images... so simple and yet so spooky..

They have neat lettering too!

Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
This is totally wicked!!!!

Thank you so much Frankie's Girl, this library is fantastic!!!

Registered
I picked up a three pack of these 4" square black frames from Target a few months ago for $2.50. They hang on shiny ribbon.

I printed out 3 of the anatomical drawings and framed them:

I probably will end up hanging them in a row instead of stacked, but just wanted to post a pic of what these looked like. I LOVE them. May be leaving them out all year... :rolleyes:

Excellent site and love these frames!!

Registered
You guys should check out a clipart magazine called Craphound No. 6. It's nothing but pages of decades-old black & white artwork. Each page is literally jam-packed with images. More than one-third of the magazine is dedicated to skeletons, funerals, funeral homes, death, accidents, poisons, etcetera. Most of the images are pretty small, and you have to scan them yourself, but it's a great source of inspiration and art! There's a sample image on Boing Boing.

Registered
I just spent way too much time looking around, and I'm drowning in ideas. There are some particularly nice and grim dissection prints in the anatomy sections within the various faunal groups. But just to give a heads up, not all of it is correct (there were some major screw-ups in the mammal anatomy section regarding names, and come on...they have lots of critters labeled "dinosaurs" that are most definitely NOT...sorry, biology student's rant is over:eek:) so if you use the stuff for anything serious, be wary. But tons of good fodder for spooky (and otherwise) decor! Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Registered
These kind of anatomical silhouette's look especially good when you print them on old book pages (or new book pages that have been coffee/tea stained). Thanks for sharing!

Registered
Excellent! These might come in handy!

Thanks a ton for posting! I love this community! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts