Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my mom called me a while ago to let me know that her phone did something very strange. She said that she noticed there was a notification for a voicemail from several days ago that just popped up, so she went to open her phone (she has an older sliding model,) and for a second the word "Dad" flashed across the screen in the way that a name comes up when you call or receive a call from one of your contacts. (She said that if she hadn't been looking at the screen at that second, she would have missed it.)

Now, that may not seem very weird to those of you who have "Dad" programmed into your phone. However, my mom's dad has been dead for many years, so long that she has never had his number programmed into any phone. She and my father separated when I was about a year old, and never programmed a number for him into a phone, either. My father passed away last September. Coincidentally, the last contact I had with him was by phone (text.)

We can't find any explanation for this. She said that when it happened she said out loud, "Well, hi," just in case it was someone trying to contact her or send her a message. This isn't the first time odd things have happened after family members passed, or if someone in the family was in distress. She swears they picked up tissue trails that her grandmother used to leave when she was alive for months after she died.

So, anyone else have strange or potentially paranormal stories involving electronics? Any suggestions as to why this may have happened on her phone? I'm just as much for debunking things as them remaining mysterious!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There was a series of physically small books called "Ghosts of the Mississippi River" . They were a series divided up into books titled "Upper" "Middle?" Miss. for the actual areas where the certain stories came from, since the River does cover such a distance.
In these books was a story about a family finally getting one of those "New-Fangled " devices called a "Telephone", the home owner watched the men working on the poles and wires for quite some time. The next day he was concerned about his mother , she was elderly , his new phone rang for the first time! It happened to her calling! His Mother! she basically just said that she loved him... He hung up there was a man at the door with the bad news, his mother had died!
But I just was talking to her on the new phone!?"
The another man showed up, the telephone man. He was there to hook up the phone to the outdoor wiring!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The one story in this series of books that took place maybe 18 miles from here was about a ghost horse who could be seen running along a straight piece of road along the river. It ran faster than any live horse could ever run.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Could the phone have come from the phone factory with messages, icons already in it for display? Could the phone had at one time been a display model in a store that someone could have had access too?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't believe that it was ever a display model. We bought the phone about 5 years ago, and it's never done anything like this. The sim card idea is probably the best guess. Matrixmom, thank you! It's my name on DeviantArt, and it's a combination of my two Etsy shop names (BuyMeLove and JuJuEyeball.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts