Halloween Forum banner

Frankies Girl/Terra; painting suggestions

986 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jdubbya
I'm close to putting some color on a small grave marker. This will be the top, and I'd like the rest of the marker to match as closely as possible. The marker is made from foam. I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give with regards to a color technique. Wondering first about a base coat; gray? off white? It almost has an alabaster look to it with darker (grayish green) highlights. What would be a good way to get the highlights. You gals came to mind first with your mad skills, but anyone can chime in. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. How about I ship it to you and you paint it, then ship it back!
j/k.
Makes sense. The base color really is a dirty white color, like old marble but w/o the marbling. Your instructions sound good and give me something to work with.
Gracias!

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for weighing in on this FG. I appreciate the added insight. I'm a guy, therefore artistically challenged, and in the back of my head, I keep thinking "it's a Halloween prop that people will look at in dim light for maybe a minute, before going to the next house". This gives me some peace of mind, but I do want it to look nice. I had to pull out the statue again to look at it closely and much of the detailed recesses are brown/green/gray. I just finished assembling the base and am putting some thin decorative wood molding along the base. I filled all the cracks with joint compound and will final sand it tomorrow, then hit the recessed areas with some dark colors. You both have given me some direction which is very much appreciated. I'll be experimenting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.