Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working with photoshop to try to design a theater ticket to use for our game.
It didn't come out very well. Does anyone have or can make a cool looking ticket that I can print the instructions on?

Thanks in advance,

MsM

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
I found this graphic in my stock art:

I would just erase the text on there and retype your own, but your ticket is actually pretty close, it just needs some sort of frame/border to enclose the words.

Make the header big compared to the rest of the text (maybe have it above a line/rule in a larger bolded font and have the other text below in a normal font) and keep the border with the numbers - they really make it look like a ticket.

If you can give the instructions in as few a words as possible, that would be good too. When you get a lot of text on a small area, it tends to get crowded looking, so shorter is better.

:)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh FG thanks for the quick response and the graphic! Oh and the tips!

What do you think of this one? Better?

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the graphic and the suggestions.
Dutch is a really hard language. Its really hard to keep things sweet and simple.
You need 10 dutch words for every english word :)
I've been really kind of bummed out lately. But now that I have a good idea for a game, the energy seems to be finally increasing and the ideas are flowing.
Hope the game works out as well with the guests as it does on paper lol
I've made two types of tickets. Once is the regular entry card and the other is a VIP entry card.
People with the VIP card don't have to perform a task to move further along in the casting call.
Its going to be a challenge keeping the 'task' wording short and sweet on the card.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. The letters look more like the belong on the card since they are a bit worn out like the edge. Only problem is I have mostly a 'forty something' crowd. I'm worried that they might have more problems reading it since most won't have their reading glasses with them lol Geesh, life sucks when you get old.
Last year when we played the game, one guest had written down the 'story' that her group had come up with. But when she went to read what she wrote, she couldnt see it. Combination of low lighting and no glasses.

MsM

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha very funny.
What for font did you use for the fancy one?
which program did you use to make it?
I need something in photoshop format in order to change the 'task' on the ticket.

MsM

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dont have a pdf file of it. 99% of the images I make, I use PaintShop Pro (PSP). Its a much simplier program to use vs Photoshop. I do have Photoshop, but only use it on totally custom images or editting pics. I use to do web development for a living specializng in graphics. Anything somebody can do in Photoshop, I can do in PSP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts