Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this yet?

orn3_zps99523c2c.jpg

I've limited myself to only collecting the Nightmare ornament line from Hallmark up until now, but I will have to make an exception for this line! Anyone else planning to pick this up?

·
Registered
888 Posts
where did you see this at the store?
i will be getting those for sure!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
In googling for this I found out that Carlton had put out a Dracula ornament a few years ago but it isn't a Lugosi likeness one or at least it doesn't look very much like him. I would totes buy a Frankenstein ornament though. Oh hell, I'd buy the whole series as would most of us here!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
i will be on the look out for these! dosn't hallmark put out xmas in july????

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will be on the look out for these! dosn't hallmark put out xmas in july????
They usually release part of the collection in mid-July (usually when the Nightmare Before Christmas ornament is out), then the full line in early October....any KOC members that want to scan in their dreambook when it comes out?? :D My guess is that Frank will be available in July as well.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
I think they put the Dream Book out in June in stores & online so you should be able to get it easily, it's not exclusive to club members. Their ornament premiere is usually mid-July & if you want certain ornaments you better buy them while they're out then or you may not get them at all.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
OMG THERE'S ALSO A PLANET OF THE APES CORNELIUS ONE!! The original POTA, not the current remakes or that gawdawful Tim Burton one.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dex1138/13724038595/in/photostream/

Some years Hallmark hits it, some years they don't. This will be a hit year IMHO. They'll be getting more of my money this year. The past few years there haven't been many I buy. I get any fire dept. related ones, usually 2 of each for family members that are firefighters, the NBC one & maybe there's one, if it's a good year 2, more that catch mine or my husband's eye, but that's it.

This year I already know there's 3 that aren't fire dept. related that I'll be buying!!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
While I am still fond of the ornaments, I find the prices a bit perplexing. Hallmark has always overpriced their goods though, haven't they?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
Ornaments like the NBC, Godzilla & POTA are licensed figures so they would cost more regardless of the store, but Hallmark branded stuff in general is more expensive.

It's been a while since I've seen a Carlton Cards but their ornaments were just as expensive & not nearly as cool. Is Carlton even around any more? They used to do Pez dispenser ornaments that were cool.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts