Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Sure am glad to see all this activity on this forum in the past few weeks! I love seeing everyones ideas. There are some really creative people out there!

So here is my stalk around costume I made a few years back. Im not planning on wearing it this year but a friend will be in it for the second half of the night. I wanted to display it the first half the night tll he gets there so this is what i came up with.

My buddy will also lean up against the board when he's in it and the large straps holding him down are will be with velcro so he can break loose and get the kiddies.

The board is a full 4x8 sheet.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
That's a great looking prop and will get some good scares. Are you going to paint the board? Also, any way to incorporate some chains into the restraints to give it a more medieval look? I'm planning a Frankenstein monster scene next year so this gives me some good ideas. That's an awesome mask on that thing!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the kind words!

The board I painted with gray primer, looks alittle better than plain wood but didnt get the look I was going for.

Heres a night video of it.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
WOW! I love your creation:) It looks a little like the one SPENCERS has on sale now, only much much better. Nice and big and very creepy looking. You did an awesome job. Cant wait to see what else you can do.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Outrageously cool looking prop or stalkabout ! I am sure it will be horrifying to kids when it comes to life and trys to snatch at them !

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love it. Do you have any photos of your monster as it's being built? Where did you get your mask and hands?
Thanks,
Keven

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
That is WAY cool! I love the idea of the neighborhood getting used to him as a static prop and then...BAMMM!!!...He's comin' after them. Very nice!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks great!
I'm guessing when the costume is in use, you may find the Velcro is hard to break out of and takes a lot of time to "reset" between breakouts. What about magnets?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts