Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have a working design for a stand alone, talking, 3 axis skull controller all on a single board. This project is what sparked my interest in learning how to design and build boards to animate my haunt. It's been quite a journey (I guess I'm a slow learner) but I'm happy with the result.

Circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering Electronics Microcontroller

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice! I use Vixen and Renard Controllers... I am looking at trying something like this!

You are motivating me to try this... great job!!!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Very nice controller build !

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The boards finally arrived and have been built and tested. I'm really pleased at how they came out and how fast I can now have a 3 axis skull up and running. Having everything on 1 board makes fitting it into an enclosure so much easier and cheaper. No more cabling of boards together to get all the features I need.

Circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering Electronics Microcontroller

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That is one slick little controller!!! How much are you selling them for? Can they be expanded beyond just the 3 Axis and the jaw? Boy, do I have some ideas... :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't sell the boards commercially, I just build them for my use. I do however have a few extras if anyone wants to buy one. They are $11 for the bare board which includes Paypal and postage.
I have included other pins not necessary for the 3 axis movements that can be utilized and communicate with other Picaxe controlled boards.
Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just wondering where your haunt is located in San Diego. I am a fellow haunter in SD and would love to come check out your haunt in action! I love all the videos! PM me your address if you don't mind so I can come visit this season!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the newest revision of the board. Since I also use this board for talking heads that don't have 3 axis movement, I will run them on a single 5V supply. Now instead of having to run a wire between the two 5V supplies, you can just add a jumper.

Circuit component Electronic component Microcontroller Electronic engineering Electronics

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For those looking to stock up on Picaxe chips, Bill from Aztec MCU Prototyping is closing up shop and has close out prices on his remaining inventory. Unfortunately, he's out of the 14M2's but still has many other chips, boards and download cables available. Contact him at www.aztecmcu.com

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
please let me know if your boards will be available.
I do have a few of the bare pcb's on hand and make them available to haunters. I don't do it as a business but do want to help other haunters that are interested.
The board has been extensively upgraded making it easier to set up. Once the program (which we have already written) is loaded on the chip, all the set up is done by following voice prompts. You can see it in action at

Shoot me a pm if you're interested and we can work out the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Frickin Awesome!

Been out of the Halloween game for awhile (life gets in the way of fun). Was just thinking about doing something this year and was conjuring up a two axis scarecrow head when I saw this. Still available via pm?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts