Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My husband made this for Halloween. We receive roughly 6000 children at Halloween and build multiple sets. We have a warehouse so we can store
That is EPIC looking! And I'm just floored at the idea of thousands of kids... WOW.
Hi. It has evolved over the years. We started something because the entire neighborhood turns into a Halloween now. They bus kids in since there is not enough parking. But we do it for the kids ❤

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
574 Posts
Outstanding build. Thousands of kids is mind-boggling. I used to get around 200 where I used to live. I moved last year, and between the new location and the weather, I think I only had 30. My decorations did spark a lot of interest in the neighborhood and nobody in did anything near the level that I brought with me. I would love to have that many come through and enjoy all the work that I have so much fun doing. Having a spare warehouse would be pretty nice too. My little storage unit is already bursting at the seems.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is AWESOME . Did your husband keep track of how it did the build ? I have been working on something similar for years but would love to get more input and ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Outstanding build. Thousands of kids is mind-boggling. I used to get around 200 where I used to live. I moved last year, and between the new location and the weather, I think I only had 30. My decorations did spark a lot of interest in the neighborhood and nobody in did anything near the level that I brought with me. I would love to have that many come through and enjoy all the work that I have so much fun doing. Having a spare warehouse would be pretty nice too. My little storage unit is already bursting at the seems.
Hi. We are fortunate and my husband is also creative, and it helps to have unlimited materials to choose from. The beautify is the entire neighborhood is now on the same page and their work is phenomenal. Giant displays. Seriously I am surprised HGTV has not caught on. The city now buses kids in because parking has become an issue and the city sends us police on horseback so keep everything safe. We really don’t have problems Thankfully. Thank you for the kind compliments. Halloween falls on Saturday this year so we probably would have more. Even adults trick or treat. It is so very fun and heartwRming.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Sounds like an awesome turnout - a whole neighbourhood that actually enjoys getting involved would be so fantastic over here in the UK.
It really is fun to see the neighbors step up to do this. We do it for the kids. So they too get to grow to be adults with a special childhood memory. Some of the neighbor sets are very elaborate. And comical. We are a historic neighborhood. So family is Important to everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very impressive...
This is AWESOME . Did your husband keep track of how it did the build ? I have been working on something similar for years but would love to get more input and ideas. Thanks.
actually he rather throws things together. 🤣. The table is movable and we have an actor who is a friend come and perform the role of Frankenstein. The picture who’s a mechanical we have. I’d you look closely those are copper pipes he probably bent. The table is attached to a medical device that allows it to tilt. Some one brought that into the store and my Husband got creative. the Large laser beam wel built from scraps. The back wall was an old school set we repainted. Attached to the back wall are old gauges. We find them at flee markets. I collect old,bottles. But you can use glass bottles that are liquor bottles. Fill them with tonic water and put them in front of a black light. Extremely cheap and they glow. Tonic glows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts