Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in the first piece of my Halloween costume today! I will am creating a frankenstein costume based on the version form the movie Van Helsing. This post will be pic heavy!

Here is a reference picture:
Van-Helsing-Franky.jpg

The next few pics are of the silicone mask i got from http://shatteredfx.com. The mask is amazing and the mouth movement is excellent. I can talk and fully express facial features in this mask.
DSCN0271.jpg
292369_542153943091_1998071627_n.jpg
488248_542153963051_1893063282_n.jpg
578839_542153978021_186180879_n.jpg

For the body i plan on buying a Muscle suit like the one pictured. I will probably sculpt some additinal foam latex muscles if needed. I will then coat the entire costume in latex and airbrush details on it.
hulk.jpg

Finally I am going to make some steam punk looking attachments for one side of the costume, some platform boots, shackkles, and other accessories.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm liking this! Let me know if you need any help or ideas to keep you moving.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Any ideas on ways to make steam punk accessories? I'm going to need to make the leg brace, shackles, and a few odds and ends

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmm... those are tough ones. For the shackles I'd recommend buying a fake set from a costume store and then possibly giving a new coat of paint to make it look rusted or whatever effect you might be going for. The leg braces are going to be a bit trickier. There's always the possibility of buying actual braces and modifying them for your purposes, but that might be costly. A cheaper route might to build a pair of of PVC piping and applying a gear mechanism for the knees. I also know that some costume stores sell bags of miscellaneous plastic gears and other steam punk esk items to use. They're light weight and effective. You could also visit a hardware store to buy actual parts, but you might want to keep them cheap because that will build up costs quickly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. I just got in my sheet of 3" thick upholstery foam and made a duct tape dummy of myself. Spent the last few hours being wrapped in duct tape, having it cut off, then taping it back up and stuffing it. I'm going to start sculltping the muscle suit out of the foam tonight or tomorrow. Here are some pics of the dummy

makingof.jpg
dumm2.jpg
dummy1.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts