Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SYFY will be airing a new TV Special that features past Season 4 Face Off contestant Eric Fox as he opens his creature effects shop with the help of several other Face Off contestants (Nicole Chilelli, RJ Haddy and Roy Wooley) and create a number of props for various projects. Described as a docu-special it airs Tuesday, March 18 @ 10pm.

Having trouble remembering who was who? Check out past seasons on SYFY's Face Off's website.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
At first you feel flattered, "They Want ME to be in front of their cameras and appear on TV!" Then you might have some not-so-good experiences with the next people pointing their cameras. Then you have them begin lying to you , making hollow promises and then the film product short-changes you as far as those "promises" go that did not happen. (And all their phones now have new numbers that you don't have!)
And this all happened at Your time and at your expense, yet they (or somebody?) is making money from Your face, Voice, Story.
Better get Paid next time !
"Reality" Shows are scripted in advance. They film so many expressions that they can edit you into Their Storyline and make you seem like a totally different person , if that is their script.
Better get Paid!
Filming that should require one night becomes three Nights.
Better Get Paid!
When the film gets edited , they can be so selective as to make anyone seem to be a total idiot,
Better Get Paid!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks you! I had not heard about that special.

Eric

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At first you feel flattered, "They Want ME to be in front of their cameras and appear on TV!" Then you might have some not-so-good experiences with the next people pointing their cameras. Then you have them begin lying to you , making hollow promises and then the film product short-changes you as far as those "promises" go that did not happen. (And all their phones now have new numbers that you don't have!)
And this all happened at Your time and at your expense, yet they (or somebody?) is making money from Your face, Voice, Story.
Better get Paid next time !
"Reality" Shows are scripted in advance. They film so many expressions that they can edit you into Their Storyline and make you seem like a totally different person , if that is their script.
Better get Paid!
Filming that should require one night becomes three Nights.
Better Get Paid!
When the film gets edited , they can be so selective as to make anyone seem to be a total idiot,
Better Get Paid!

If I'm not mistaken you were part of some HGTV Special right...and speaking to your experience? Refresh my memory what it was. I tried looking for it, think you missed it too when it aired (that was a shame HGTV or the production company that filmed you had no advance info for you when it would air). Had I been able to put the show in my wishlist I could have the Tivo find it for me but unfortunately once the show was gone I couldn't get it added to the wishlist without the Tivo generated info and couldn't remember the name as it would have been listed for Tivo. I'd love to see it sometime.

As for Eric Fox and friends, even if they aren't getting paid by the production company (not SYFY BTW) they are going to be getting a ton of exposure for their new company and I'm sure that's what their purpose in doing this was, so payment enough if it brought them new business and exposure.

BTW my DH was an extra in a movie and it's pretty typical that you just have to keep emailing or calling them to get info on a release date. Contacting the actors etc. about when or if the film/TV segment is going to air really isn't what production companies do.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Wild Chicago"= Much FUN! first and one of the best experiences re-broadcast 30 times in the first three years in Chicago. (We are only 120 miles from Chicago, Good!
"H-G TV "Extreme Homes"= fun, good. 2nd time on TV-shown all over the world for years.
PBS Peoria= small production = good results 3rd time on TV
Several more local TV stations = "Soup to nuts" OK though.
"Travel Sick" on The Comedy Central Network. Spent way too much time here, did not live up to their part of the contract(drawn up by them) Anyone would be hard-pressed to ever find Ravens Grin from their show:"A strange house owned by a guy named "Jim" in Illinois" ??? The director/cameraman inspired much hate from me directed at him, and I pride myself on not being such a person, but that guy!!!? I came So Close so many times to just tell them to pack it in Now! Leave! They were in the house for 8 Hours, at least 6 hours too long!
HG/TV Again. We asked for and got some money for the priviledge of them being here and taking our time. They did try to back-peddle on the $ .
They sent us a notice as to when and where the show was supposed air, but they sent the notice to our web site in the section where people go to buy our tee-shirts, so we didn't know and missed it.
I have never cared if some TV show wants to film me and make me look stupid or silly, but my Wife and I draw the line when people come here with their script and try to put words into our mouths, "just for a "Joke"! "Say Jim uses drugs." Of course they had me at the other end of the house being filmed when they asked this of her. She would not say it, I do not use drugs, never have.
Very insulting.
Watch your back if certain" camera people" give you a call.
Going into it all "Wide-eyed" and innocent" may not yield the results that you imagined.

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed it was on tonight after Face Off but decided I'd have to catch one of the many repeats of it. Did anyone watch it tonight and what did you think of it?

·
Halloween Elitist
2,877 Posts
For what I saw, and given the all star talent on the show, it just didn't deliver, surprised at the quality of work put out by three talented guys, sorry but I wouldn't tune in if it became a show...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I saw firsthand when they were filming making monsters last year the way the producers influence reality tv. The producers were behind Ed feeding him questions he should ask or jokes he should say. I watch reality tv based on its entertainment value and nothing more. To believe it is even 50% real is just delusional.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Deadview
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing