Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this motor in a old Stove, it was used to close the latch when self cleaning.

I need some ideas on what I could use it for... (it's 110 volts) and has a switch that is tripped at each revolution

·
Registered
237 Posts
is it continuous ? makes a difference. I would think for what it does it wouldn't be.
so my thought would be that it operates something trips a switch to turn something then turns it off.I know a lot of help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's continuous, the wheel has notches that operate the switch, 15 sec off, 1 sec on, 1 sec off then 15 sec on - repeat
I assume that the locking mechanism is controlled by the switch back to the control panel. when cleaning cycle is complete
and the temps are normal then the control board starts the motor and it unlocks the door.

so it look like its a 2 RPM motor

Could also use it as a timer for a prop and control a props motion.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Crank ghost or head motion, either rotating or attach a small arm and make something move back and forth slowly. That switch is just an added bonus. It looks like it should switch 110 volts, too, so you could use it to turn a light on and off over whatever scare you've got it attached to. Just tossing out some ideas here... very cool find!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts