Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you never know what kinda parts you need for props. I got my washing machine worked on today. The shocks were bad. I had never seen any before. So before I threw the box away, I opened it. I'm sure these will come in handy one day for something I'm building. Even if I take them apart for the rods and springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
One thing I have learned is that being a yard haunter also can turn a person into a hoarder of weird and unusual things because one never knows when it might come in handy or be useful for a prop. Every time I go to yard sales and thrift stores I look at everything as a possibility of some use and I examine and re-examine things that most people would trash right away just to make sure I can't think of a use for it.

I know when I pass my kids are going to look at my stash and wonder what the heck was going on in my mind. LOL.

·
Registered
79 Posts
One thing I have learned is that being a yard haunter also can turn a person into a hoarder of weird and unusual things because one never knows when it might come in handy or be useful for a prop. Every time I go to yard sales and thrift stores I look at everything as a possibility of some use and I examine and re-examine things that most people would trash right away just to make sure I can't think of a use for it.

I know when I pass my kids are going to look at my stash and wonder what the heck was going on in my mind. LOL.
I totally have that disease too... er... I mean I identify with that statement. I'm sure when I'm gone whomever will call 1-800 Got Junk and make it disappear.... Anyway, I'm trying to downsize my strange parts hoard of "crap" and I now I'm looking for that part of a prop that I'm trying to restore... Did I throw it away?? Arrgh! Okay, so you never know what you'll need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts