Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gardenridge.com/products.aspx?id=145

It was kinda awesome.... some good quality stuff some not so much... they had Halloween Blow Molds!!!!!

TONS of Xmas stuff too!!!!!

Entrance display
20130926_183634.jpg
Some metal stones and signs.
20130926_184842.jpg
A ton of different pillars and post in a different part of the store...made from plaster lots with chips in then :/
20130926_191935.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,847 Posts
Garden Ridge has been around for years, but they have a limited amount of stores. They used to be MUCH better with their Halloween offerings. I remember about 6-7 years ago, they had over a dozen gemmy figure props and they'd do a buy-one-get-one-half off that was awesome (picked up a Donna The Dead and a groaning mummy and regret not getting Dr. Shivers and Zoltan now).

They don't have a good website unfortunately, so it does pay to go check out the store if you have one in your area.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I love the pillars. Unforetunately, most people here are very good photographers and often make stuff look better than it really is "storewise". I've seen members take pics of a 6" skull in a store and make it appear to be 18"+

How big are those pillars?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It actually looks like they have more stuff since I went there in late August. I bought two of the skeletons they had for sale. The pictures are right on. There is lots of things in other parts of the store. I was looking at trunks for a pirate chest but they were too expensive. Have to go back this weekend and look. I stumbled upon the store driving around Baseline and Guadalupe and saw it. Good selection of other products too. Hope it sticks around. Only problem is they had their Christmas stuff out already. All that room wasted on Christmas that could have been used for Halloween. When will stores ever learn.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right about Xmas. Though the Web site said Halloween. Has been out since July! Also in the back middle of the store they have broken section. There was one skeleton there but I did not take I think it was $10. Don't forget about Savers too on Power & Baseline

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Well the good news for me is that they are at least moving westward. Still nothing in California though. I have always admired some of the things in photos you guys have posted from there. Like those columns as well. Nice detailing. And they aged them too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey folks, I just moved to Queen Creek from the Chicago area. Don't know anyone at all in AZ. This will be our first Halloween here. I'll definitely be checking this store out tomorrow. Would also love to meet up with some others in the area and check out each other's stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts