Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was so cool, there I was taking a new detour from my house and in this neighborhood just half a mile up the street from me I notice Skellys in a garage, very,very nice Skellys I might add (I was praying he was having a garage sale but these looked movie grade $$$ even from the street) so I whipped back around and met Steve working in his garage on them. Very nice guy and his work is first class, he's 2 weeks behind from show orders. Man how cool to find out you have a profesional prop builder just up the street from me. Really got me in the mood.Here's his web site Fright Theatre

·
Registered
162 Posts
for 525 bones i could get five buckys. he needs to knock his price down to about 50 bucks.
well, at least you wont have to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yeah I was blown away by the detail and I've never seen any Bucky's look nearly that good. He said he wasn't even half way done with them yet and that order was heading to Canada.He doesn't even spray, all work is hand brushed on soft latex foam he molds (felt like soft rubber). In the front of them he adds some moss (thin burlap material). The big bones was hook to a hydralic scissor arm that springs forward forward but I just didn't have $ 800 on me at the time or I would have got that bad boy....lol.I really wanted that. Yeah it was so cool to see from the street my eye's just lit up. We'll keep in touch thats for sure.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Just checked out the site and they are very cool skeletons, but way too expensive for me. I would rather build my own. But that is pretty cool to have a guy like that right down the street. that would be great to have someone to learn some stuff from. If i had a pro haunt or tons of cash, yea i would definately get some from him.

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
That is soooo cool! It took me a second to realize just who you were talking about. Then it dawned on me...Fright Theatre had one of the stand-out props at Transworld.

His skeletons have the most unique movement. If you bump into them they wiggle around just like a spooky creature. They keep wiggling for a good period of time. I was thinking that all you had to do was hook up a small pneumatic cylinder to jar it and you've got an amazing animontronic. The natural movement is achieved by having a steel 1/4" rod throughout it's body which transfers this kinetic movement beautifully.

I taped them being bumped by my hubby. It's at Time Stamp 1:30.... Just watch that great movement!

YouTube - Transworld 2009: Professional Halloween Prop Show

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Haha ONLY in america can you take a detour and run into a guy with a garage full of skulls!
Wait, I think that happened once in Germany but those were real skulls :(

So, you and him very neighborly now??!
Convince him to join the forum and share his tricks!

MsM

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for that great video Terra, I figured you would recongize his company name. He was a little camera shy but was very nice to talk to and seem to have no ego about his knowledge and was excite to share his passion.I told him I would send him this thread he even said if he had time in Oct. he would set some of his stuff up at my place for the big night but he does have another full time job with 4 kids. He wants to catch up (2-4 weeks) to take a breather. Not a bad way to spend Memorial day huh doing what ya love ?!?!

·
Registered
444 Posts
wow, the subject got me excited, thinking someone was giving away
their garage full of skellys! HAHA
I saw these at Transworld, also,
they look great but the cost is just too much!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alright Bozz..............I'm in!

Thank you so much for everyone's comments on our products!.........that means a ton!! Alright, lets get down to it. Yes, our skeletons are on the expensive side..........compared to a bucky. BUT, you need to take several things into consideration. Our skeletons are around 5'10"........if posed totally upright. They are made of foam with a welded steel rod (1/4") throughout (foamed in). They come with steel foot plates that allow them to appear to stand on their own............they really look free standing. They weigh around 8-10lbs. They can be posed..........including the fingers. Custom paint schemes are available. The applications of our skeletons are limitless. It's really a different breed than a bucky. The armature can be modified to fit your needs.............do you have a specific animation that you want to build that involves a skeleton? Work with us and you'll be able to.

Now, down to budget constraints. What would you like to see to fit a home haunters budget?? I'm thinking of maybe kit stuff..........heads, hands, legs. That way you can latex, paint, build the body (which can be covered in clothing). I need YOUR input to make this work. Let me know what you want. Us vendors need the input. If we don't hear you, it wont be made.

Steve

Fright Theatre Productions

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
...Now, down to budget constraints. What would you like to see to fit a home haunters budget?? I'm thinking of maybe kit stuff..........heads, hands, legs. That way you can latex, paint, build the body (which can be covered in clothing).
YES!!!! ;) Though I'd prefer a whole skellie that I could paint and dress. I would pay $200 - $250....maybe even as high as $300. This price would include the rod in it and baseplate).

Okay, now that I got that out of the way..... Welcome :) I loved your stuff so much at the show. I hope you did well there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts