Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
OH, No! He promises to save me time and money on things that didn't "Work"!
But I like wasting my time this way because it eventually inspires me to actually make something work in sometimes a whole new way (that possibly no one has ever done before?)
Something didn't "Work?"
Well, look at all those parts laying there just waiting to go together and become something else!
A spare hand, head, some goofy eyes, hinges, and I'm off and running again, inspired by failure the first time... or maybe even the third time?

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
I think the reason he(Hayes) says he couldn't find a definitive guide to home haunting is we all have different visions, ideas and concepts on how we want our haunt to look and vibe we want to give off

·
Registered
44 Posts
An old college buddy of mine shared his project on Facebook, I I backed the project as this looks to be a good book if funded.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
I think the reason he(Hayes) says he couldn't find a definitive guide to home haunting is we all have different visions, ideas and concepts on how we want our haunt to look and vibe we want to give off
Good point about the differences in concept. In the video, Mr. Hayes states:

"Around 2002, I started my very successful home haunt, Hayes Haunt..........When I first set out to make my home haunt, I discovered an absolutely overwhelming amount of information on the web, but most of it wasn't really useful or showed me how to make props I could just buy for less"

The key point to that statement, is "Around 2002". It is now 2014, and over the last decade, the internet has exploded with information and tutorials related to Halloween, as can be witnessed right here on this forum, as well as on Youtube. Many people have contributed many innovative and clever ideas and creations over that time, representing every aspect of haunting from simple static props to multi-room walk-through haunts, and everything in between. And while it's not organized into any sort of compendium, it seems to me that most, if not all, the information that this book would provide can more than likely be found online, whether it be this forum, other forums, Monsterlist, Youtube, or any other online resource.

Finding the information you need online may take some time searching and researching, so maybe this book would be helpful to newcomers to the haunting community, in that the information is presented in an organized format.

On the Kickstarter page, the photo of the cover of the book shows what most members here would readily recognize as a Flying Crank Ghost, or F.C.G., and on the table of contents, Chapter 8 lists a project titled "Classic Animated Ghost". With all due respect to Mr. Hayes, this makes me ask myself, "is this the same as the F.C.G.? If so, why not call it an F.C.G.?"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for sharing the link Scatterbrains. I was lamenting the missed opportunity but shall lament no more. Looks like it will be well worth the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts