Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an add for a cheap projector. It's on Groupons for $39.

I know a lot of people are always looking for cheap projectors.
For that price I'm going to buy one. I have no clue how good it is, but will give it a try.

The Deal
•$39 for a The Black Series entertainment projector ($129.99 list price)
•Free shipping and free returns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Black Series Entertainment Projector

This projector unleashes crystal-clear images in 960x240 DPI resolution, plastering them across your wall at a massive size of 10 feet diagonally. Immerse yourself in larger-than-life video games or re-create the movie-theater experience with friends to finally justify the expense of hiring your own usher.

Features
•Projector for movies, games, and holograms of your future self
•Image size measures up to 120” diagonally
•960x240 DPI resolution
•6’ recommended projection distance; 14’ maximum projection distance
•120V, 50/60Hz input
•12VAC
•12V/0.2A 6020, 5500ppm radiator fan
•Standard 55W/12V MR-16 halogen bulb
•Batteries not included
•Condition: New
•Made in China
•Weight: 1.5 lbs.
•Dimensions: 3.94”x9”x9.25”

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ent...medium=afl&utm_campaign=552179&utm_source=rvs

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for the link! I'm always looking for a bargain projector!
Based on the specs and the image, it looks like it is probably the shift3 lightblast projector that has been spoken of quite often in these forums.
Check it out!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Yea, that looks just like the LightBlast projector.

I hate to say it, but the fact it uses an MR-16 halogen bulb means it's not going to be a very bright picture.
I tried to use a LightBlast projector with Dminor's Ghost Maid DVD, but the picture was so dim and had hardly any resolution at all. The projector might be OK if you're not using it for rear projection. And the room or area is very dark.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
It looks exactly like the lightblast/shift3 projector. I'd say STAY AWAY. The picture quality is awful and it's not nearly bright enough for haunting applications.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,095 Posts
You will have to keep us all posted. We are going to wonder how the picture turns out! I hope your happy with the quality. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts