Halloween Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,347 Posts
One thing I've noticed since our new software additions, is that sometimes I have trouble logging in now..hmmmmm.....after I enter my name and password, it will say 'Thank you for logging in Laurie S., you will be re-directed' (okay I can't remember exactly what that says ;-)) , and my name will appear on the active users list below, yet at the top of my screen the 'Welcome, Laurie S.' with my private messages detail does not appear- it's still the log in boxes. I have to close the site, re-open it, log in again, then everything's okay.

Anyway, I'm not trying to issue a complaint here, it's not like it's a major inconvenience or anything, just an observation..I was wondering if anybody else had noticed that lately...

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
Actually, when I start to type 'T' (for Thom, obviously) I get a drop down menu of what windows guesses to be the word/name that I'm looking for. I then choose 'Thom_Serveaux' which then appears in the 'username ' box, the I type in my password and press enter. Nothing unusual in that, to be sure, but then I get the 'ol 'you have input an invalid username/password' message. Yet if I click on the 'HalloweenForum.com' button at the upper left hand corner, I get re-directed ti the message boards' home page, and over to the right, it says 'Welcome Thom_Serveaux' all spelled properly and all. Like you said Laurie, not anything major, just weird...

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You need to delete your cookie for the forum.

You can either clear all cookies (easiest) or clear just the one for the forum.

Make sure when you clear the cookie, that you close ALL browsers before attempting to login again.

Refer to your browser help or search engine for exactly how to do this.
:D
One thing I've noticed since our new software additions, is that sometimes I have trouble logging in now..hmmmmm.....after I enter my name and password, it will say 'Thank you for logging in Laurie S., you will be re-directed' (okay I can't remember exactly what that says ;-)) , and my name will appear on the active users list below, yet at the top of my screen the 'Welcome, Laurie S.' with my private messages detail does not appear- it's still the log in boxes. I have to close the site, re-open it, log in again, then everything's okay.

Anyway, I'm not trying to issue a complaint here, it's not like it's a major inconvenience or anything, just an observation..I was wondering if anybody else had noticed that lately...

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,347 Posts
You need to delete your cookie for the forum.

You can either clear all cookies (easiest) or clear just the one for the forum.

Make sure when you clear the cookie, that you close ALL browsers before attempting to login again.

Refer to your browser help or search engine for exactly how to do this.
:D
Gotcha! Thank you!! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
I gots no clue what most of the stuff does. Never done myspace or anything of the sort before.

So...uh, sorry to anyone expecting me to know what's going on with this stuff. I'll figure it out eventually. Not all that computer savvy.

Q on the photoalbums:

Would it be kosher to put a pic in the album, then img tag it into a post?

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
Hi Larry

If I haven't said before, The new enhancements are great :D

I have one question ... is there a way to send a message to multiple friends at one time ?

Having befriended some fellow haunters, I would like to be able to contact them all at once ... is this possible and if so how ?

Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Larry,

You did a good job here man.

I wanted to take the time to appreciate the past.

LONG TIME AGO, I like many of you remember the FIRST TIME, I logged onto the HalloweenForum.

Old style script at that time, but it MORE than met it's needs. Remember the open folders with fire, whether it was a thread, hot thread?

The HalloweenForum was an escape for me, something that I looked forward to. After a disgusting day at work, I came here to sustain myself.

I remember the HF having it's own photoalbum in the past. Unfortunately some folks abused it. Let's not let this happen here.

I miss a lot of you people, sorry I don't post more, just been absorbed.

I remember sitting online, listening to music and passionately getting involved with the members on here. OMG, what a time period of my life it was.

And will always be.

Thanks Larry, you will always be a positive part of my life.

MAKE SURE you keep posting your SpookyTown Collection on here.

OHH........................didn't know the man had a collection eh?

Take it way sir.

·
Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Dumb question for you Larry. What exactly does the (permalink) do? I clicked it to see what it is, but nothing happens when I do... at least I don't notice anything happen other than the screen moves slightly. Just curious. By the way, I agree with the rest. You've done great things for this forum. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks!
permalink= the permanent link for the thread/post or URL. This is when you want to put the address somewhere else to refer to that item.

Dumb question for you Larry. What exactly does the (permalink) do? I clicked it to see what it is, but nothing happens when I do... at least I don't notice anything happen other than the screen moves slightly. Just curious. By the way, I agree with the rest. You've done great things for this forum. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

Maleficent,
I will consider this. Do you think that all the crafts that you make considered props? I am just trying to think this through before adding to props.
LLLaaaarrrryyyyy could we pleeeeeeease have a forum section for crafts, or a prefix in the prop section? We would truly appreciate it.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.