Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am very happy that everyone is happy with the enhancements.

It is a pleasure to have you all as a Halloween Forum family member! You are appreciated!! :D

·
Resident Lunatic
1,773 Posts
Very cool, Larry.

I am soooo lost. I would like to add an album can someone explain it to me like I'm a nooooob.
  • Click USER/CP near the top.
  • Click Pictures & Albums at the left.
  • Click where it says Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures!
  • On the next page, type in a title and description in the appropriate boxes, and select Public or Private.
  • Click Submit.
  • On the next page, click Upload Pictures.
  • On the next page, click Browse.
  • You will get a dialog box. Browse to the image that you want to upload and click Open.
  • Click Upload Pictures.
  • On the next page, click Save Changes.
  • That's it. Your album is created with your picture in it.
BTW , Larry, can these albums be used for avatars and other images to be used only on this site? I tried to use it for an avatar, but it said Invalid File.

·
Registered
605 Posts
This all sounds really neat, but I'm totally forum stupid so it'll take me awhile if ever to figure this out. But pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase, we need pretty, bright, animated siggys? I really miss mine. *sniffle*

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the kind words and assistance.

Signatures are already getting a little out of hand.

A signature should be a small part of your post and should not stick out more than your post.

If your signature is bigger than most of your messages, then it is too big!

I have never seen a QUALITY forum that allowed crazy signatures.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and assistance.

Signatures are already getting a little out of hand.

A signature should be a small part of your post and should not stick out more than your post.

If your signature is bigger than most of your messages, then it is too big!

I have never seen a QUALITY forum that allowed crazy signatures.

Just because a siggy lights up or is animate doesn't make it crazy or not good quality. OEJ had a WAITING LIST for signatures that unfortunately he didn't get around to due to unfortunate circumstances. The ones he did do were just beautiful. And he spent hours on those things, not counting all the time I spent myself tracking down artwork. It wouldn't hurt to take a looky. I can see about setting some things up in a photobucket account for viewing. There's a handful of people here that can say sometimes siggys can be very classy. The site would be so much prettier.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Respectfully, animation signatures will not be allowed.
There are many reasons for this. This policy will stick.

Just because a siggy lights up or is animate doesn't make it crazy or not good quality. OEJ had a WAITING LIST for signatures that unfortunately he didn't get around to due to unfortunate circumstances. The ones he did do were just beautiful. And he spent hours on those things, not counting all the time I spent myself tracking down artwork. It wouldn't hurt to take a looky. I can see about setting some things up in a photobucket account for viewing. There's a handful of people here that can say sometimes siggys can be very classy. The site would be so much prettier.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
well the thing of it is, Larry would have to see to it as I'm a bit of a techno-retard at times...
http://halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/67442-put-yourself-map.html

Thom, maybe Larry could just put a sticky on the post that Haunted Host did (see link above). Members have posted, but members who came on after this post may not be aware of it. The only problem is, I haven't been able to access it through Firefox, which I use as my Internet browser. I have to go to Internet Explorer to get to the site or I get an error message. Maybe this problem has been solved. But it would be nice to be able to click a link on the forum and view the map or add your name. One consideration however, you may have noticed that I post birthday greetings. I only post to members who have been active. There are a lot of inactive people and if all the names of people who join were on the map I don't know how crowded it would get. Who might take responsibility for purging inactive members. Maybe that could be done three or four times a year by a volunteer, Just food for thought.

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
http://halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/67442-put-yourself-map.html

Thom, maybe Larry could just put a sticky on the post that Haunted Host did (see link above). Members have posted, but members who came on after this post may not be aware of it. The only problem is, I haven't been able to access it through Firefox, which I use as my Internet browser. I have to go to Internet Explorer to get to the site or I get an error message. Maybe this problem has been solved. But it would be nice to be able to click a link on the forum and view the map or add your name. One consideration however, you may have noticed that I post birthday greetings. I only post to members who have been active. There are a lot of inactive people and if all the names of people who join were on the map I don't know how crowded it would get. Who might take responsibility for purging inactive members. Maybe that could be done three or four times a year by a volunteer, Just food for thought.
Hmmmm.... I use firefox as well, yet encountered no problems. Maybe your firewall is being a tad overprotective...

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.