Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HUGE news for Halloween Forum!

We have just upgraded the forum and have added MANY new features.
Our community is much more than a forum. Members now have their own ON SITE photo albums.

You can also pick friends (similar to myspace type communities), create social groups, customizable profiles and much more.

There are also blog enhancements. You can visit your own blog by going to:
Code:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/blogs/YOURUSERNAME
(unless you chose non-alpha-numeric characters for your user name)

Most items can be accessible via “links” at the top of the forum and via your USER CP / User Control Panel.

The temporary location of the albums is http://halloweenforum.com/album.php

Customizable profiles are found at:
Code:
http://halloweenforum.com/members/USERNAME.html
(e.g. Halloween Forum - View Profile: larry )

Make sure to visit Halloween Forum - FAQ for general questions.
Additional information will be posted in the coming days.

Please send me a private message if you find any major issues. Feel free to discuss the new features in this thread.

Thank you all for helping make this community awesome!

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am very happy that everyone is happy with the enhancements.

It is a pleasure to have you all as a Halloween Forum family member! You are appreciated!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the kind words and assistance.

Signatures are already getting a little out of hand.

A signature should be a small part of your post and should not stick out more than your post.

If your signature is bigger than most of your messages, then it is too big!

I have never seen a QUALITY forum that allowed crazy signatures.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Respectfully, animation signatures will not be allowed.
There are many reasons for this. This policy will stick.

Just because a siggy lights up or is animate doesn't make it crazy or not good quality. OEJ had a WAITING LIST for signatures that unfortunately he didn't get around to due to unfortunate circumstances. The ones he did do were just beautiful. And he spent hours on those things, not counting all the time I spent myself tracking down artwork. It wouldn't hurt to take a looky. I can see about setting some things up in a photobucket account for viewing. There's a handful of people here that can say sometimes siggys can be very classy. The site would be so much prettier.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You need to delete your cookie for the forum.

You can either clear all cookies (easiest) or clear just the one for the forum.

Make sure when you clear the cookie, that you close ALL browsers before attempting to login again.

Refer to your browser help or search engine for exactly how to do this.
:D
One thing I've noticed since our new software additions, is that sometimes I have trouble logging in now..hmmmmm.....after I enter my name and password, it will say 'Thank you for logging in Laurie S., you will be re-directed' (okay I can't remember exactly what that says ;-)) , and my name will appear on the active users list below, yet at the top of my screen the 'Welcome, Laurie S.' with my private messages detail does not appear- it's still the log in boxes. I have to close the site, re-open it, log in again, then everything's okay.

Anyway, I'm not trying to issue a complaint here, it's not like it's a major inconvenience or anything, just an observation..I was wondering if anybody else had noticed that lately...

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks!
permalink= the permanent link for the thread/post or URL. This is when you want to put the address somewhere else to refer to that item.

Dumb question for you Larry. What exactly does the (permalink) do? I clicked it to see what it is, but nothing happens when I do... at least I don't notice anything happen other than the screen moves slightly. Just curious. By the way, I agree with the rest. You've done great things for this forum. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

Maleficent,
I will consider this. Do you think that all the crafts that you make considered props? I am just trying to think this through before adding to props.
LLLaaaarrrryyyyy could we pleeeeeeease have a forum section for crafts, or a prefix in the prop section? We would truly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Gottcha. I will give it some thought.
Thanks.
No I don't think that they would be considered props. I'm thinking things like.....floral arrangments, small sewing projects, table decorations, small wood projects, maybe some kid projects, those kinds of things. You wouldn't necessarily use them as props. The props section has big props, these crafts would be on a much smaller scale.

Thanks for taking time to consider it.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hi,
It is not likely for there to be multiple skins for the forum itself. However there will be more and more ways to customize your profile area.
Thanks.
I am just curious if there will ever be themes/skins choosable by each member in their user CP. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I upgraded the script yesterday.

What exactly do you mean where categories be set up for groups? Not sure that I understand.

Many options I am at the mercy of the script authors and when they implement features.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
oops. I have created a few categories. Feel free to suggest more. Categories are only visible once there is at least 1 per category.

Those who run a social group should be able to change to the appropriate categories.
Halloween
Haunt Groups
Home Haunting
Non-Halloween
Prop Building
Uncategorized

Thanks much for pointing this out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.