Halloween Forum banner

621 - 635 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here is what we have done with our Fortune Teller. We built the frame out of wood and then used wood fencing panels for all the sides. The crystal ball is a round globe we found at a thrift store. The light is from Big Lots from their Christmas light section. It casts a white kalidascope pattern and it was $12. We found it this year as well. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Do you think the talking skull crystal ball should be in or out of my seance scene? I'm torn.
pic 2 will be the actual lighting.
View attachment 216526 View attachment 216527
I came back to this thread because your scene above inspired me to buy that same old lady mask when you posted this years ago, punkineater! I look at Madame Misery every year since; and now the Grandin Road's version of the haunted spirit board with Bosco P. Soultrane's fortune teller scene this year, I am feeling inspired. Saki, I am so bummed that all your photos from photobucket aren't showing anymore!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love this thread. I love the diy ouija video. looks so much like grandin roads. I've noticed a few diy projects on here and elsewhere that are now becoming products for companies. The jeweled skull was a diy project I saw and pier one is now selling it.

I need to find a gazing ball. I really want one but they are pretty expensive. Also what is everyones thoughts on using tarot cards and ouija boards in crafts. I didn't think much on it and I know its all in what you believe but I've had a few people say they wont have them in their home.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I too use tarot cards & Ouija board in my display. Even worked with a friend to vinyl a Ouija Board pattern on a round table.(It sits in my great room year round)

Big Lots has the fire & ice style light bulbs in!! :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm looking for a head scarf with the gold trim or jewel trim. Any references on where to get that or how to phrase to seek it out. Id like a more vintage style costume.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lots of scarves come with fringe or tassels. You could go with one like that as a base, then add chain/coin nets or belts over the top. That would be one way of increasing your options.

Also, search for belly dance supplies or costumes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any idea how to make a crystal ball?
One way would be to find a spherical bottle and fill it completely with water (colored or not). If you completely submerge it in a sink full of water, there will be no bubble floating around in it.Turn it upside down on some sort of base to hide the stem, and maybe make some sort of decorative cap to disguise the foot of the bottle, which is now facing up in the air.

Tacky, but cheap.

You can also find glass lamp globes at hardware stores, in either clear or frosted, but they are harder to seal up if you fill them with water. they would be better for covering some sort of electric light effect.

621 - 635 of 635 Posts