Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a Fortune Teller theme this year and know that others are doing this too--whether it is an entire theme or just a room or area. Let's put all fortune teller things here and share together.

I predict that it will be fabulous!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are three beautiful framed photos that booswife02 made for my Fortune Teller's room. I got these in the 2014 Mini Reaper. She also made this fantastic sign for me.
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 3.jpg

Here is a great necklace or belt that booswife found for 25 cents. I love it. It is perfect for the theme.
photo 5.jpg
I found this Bratz doll head at a thrift store in the free toy box. I think she will make a great fortune teller. Check out the position of her hands!
doll head.jpg
Here she is with a quick draping of a scarf and a glass globe positioned under her hands.
gypsy.jpg
This is the gypsy fortune teller's box made by booswife02.
gypsy box outside.jpg
Inside of the fortune teller's box. This is such a cool idea. I love it.
gypsy box.jpg
Fortune Teller's board that booswife02 sent me
fortune teller box.jpg
Fortune teller's board
game board.jpg
This is a great printed sign that I found on Pinterest.
fortune teller sign.jpg
Wine bottle with a great label made over music. The back of the label has a fortune teller photo glued on it and is visible from the back side of the bottle.The inside fortune teller says Magestic Gypsy and the water is filled with blue glitter. It has a very mystic look. The bottle neck is wrapped in twine and has a tag that says: Gypsy Magic Potion- 1 drop and your future is revealed. Sheer genius from booswife02
love potion bottle.jpg
Next is a vintage Ouija Board that I found fro $10
ouija.jpg
Photo album made by booswife02. This is filled with various images of fortune tellers of all types. I am hoping that booswife will come along and add her lists of the various fortune tellers and what they do.
photo album cover.jpg
Crystal ball bottle made by booswife. It is filled with Karo Syrup and Martha Stewart glitter. It looks so cool.
crystal ball bottle.jpg

I also have a set of Tarot Cards from Dollar Tree, and two decks of Love cards for fortune telling. Will add photos later.

I have several crystal balls that I made from various metal candle holder stands and glass ceiling or lamp globes. I either use glow sticks in them or tissue paper or shimmery thin material with a tea light or push light.

I also have a talking skeleton head in a crystal ball.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
booswife02

Some great research on fortune tellers by booswife02

Reposted from: booswife02 post in General Halloween Mini Reaper thread.

Sure, I did a bunch of homework on it for Printers things

Palm Reading or Palmistry
Crystal Ball
Tea leaf Reading
Tarot Cards or playing cards
Astromancy (I had to google this one, haha...) it is Astrology, reading the stars and using your birth month year etc....
Spirit Board (Ouija) also sometimes used for Seance
Clairvoyance (by touching someone you see there future)
Paper fortune telling like origami, you fold up a piece of paper and have different symbols and letters on the paper
Pendulum reading, by the movements of a suspended object, a pendulum or a ring on a string something that is suspended in air. Like the one they use to tell the sex of a baby, have you seen that done?
Pyromancy by gazing into a fire they see your fortune
Cleromancy by casting stones or bones

those are the popular ones but there are also crazy ones like
alectomancy which is observing a rooster pecking grain, haha.... don't know who does that one, there are a bunch of werid ones I wont list

Pretty interesting, there is so much more to it than I would have ever guessed. I was never interested in this except for watching the original Wolfman so being Printers Reaper I learned a whole bunch of cool stuff.
I am so excited about seeing what you guys do with this theme, it could be absolutely amazing. If you went all out you could do different areas or scenes with different ways of fortune telling. One scene set up for tea leaf reading, one for palm reading, one for crystal ball. Pretty neat. I think it would be fun to have friends dress up as fortune tellers and have them in your scenes

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
this is a great thread. I'm glad you started it.

i have a palmistry reading book.
i have a few crystal balls
i have some tarot cards
i have a couple of Ouija boards
i have a pendulum, you ask a question and then swing the pendulum and it will swing yse or no.
i have a yes no black ball.
i have a cute eyeball that you ask a question, and it whistles and blinks once for yes and twice for no. [ unless you're my grandson. it just keeps fluttering it's eyeball at him]
i have a red piece of plastic shaped like a fish. also called a fish, you hold in the palm of your hand to tell your mood.
i also have a mood ring.
i have a tube that says ...Confucius say. inside is a pamphlet that reads...Chinese fortune sticks. also inside the tube are a lot of sticks that have something in Chinese written on them, and a number. you look the number up in the book to translate the English version.
and it seems i have a dice set somewhere with fortunes.
and a fake hand that came with instuctions that you're supposed to tell fortunes with.

okay, i've made a check list of my items going along with the list you posted. I love your list.

thanks booswife.
printer, those are some cool links you found.
all this is putting fun in doing my haunt this year.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is a great thread. I'm glad you started it.

i have a palmistry reading book.That sound like a cool book. I found a large hand with the reading markings on it on eBay and I might buy one to use.
i have a few crystal ballsI also have several, but plan to bling them out some this year and work on lights inside
i have some tarot cards
i have a couple of Ouija boardsHave you seen the plans for the big round one on Pinterest>
i have a pendulum, you ask a question and then swing the pendulum and it will swing yse or no.I want one. Rikki on the Forum used to have a really cool Divination board in her Etsy shop
i have a yes no black ball.I used to see these all the time and now they are more difficult to find. I sub in a room where the teacher has one on her desk and the high school kids love it!
i have a cute eyeball that you ask a question, and it whistles and blinks once for yes and twice for no. [ unless you're my grandson. it just keeps fluttering it's eyeball at him]Sounds great. Show us a photo sometime of it--with the grandson, too, of course!
i have a red piece of plastic shaped like a fish. also called a fish, you hold in the palm of your hand to tell your mood. You can buy these cheap from Oriental Trading Co. They are fun to play with and would be something that could be handed out to TOTers
i also have a mood ring.Haven't thought of these in years since I wore one in high school. LOL
i have a tube that says ...Confucius say. inside is a pamphlet that reads...Chinese fortune sticks. also inside the tube are a lot of sticks that have something in Chinese written on them, and a number. you look the number up in the book to translate the English version.Very cool!
and it seems i have a dice set somewhere with fortunes.I have a set of these marked to check into, too. They sound pretty cool.
and a fake hand that came with instuctions that you're supposed to tell fortunes with.Oops already commented on this. I think this is a great addition to a fortune telling theme!

okay, i've made a check list of my items going along with the list you posted. I love your list.

Sounds like you are of to a great start, too! Let's add all our stuff here and compare notes as we go. Hopefully, the others will do so, too.

thanks booswife.
printer, those are some cool links you found.
all this is putting fun in doing my haunt this year.

I commented to all your things above in red. You have some great stuff and ideas!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3pinkpoodles also made or is making a cool Fortune Tellers booth from a display case that she found. I hope she comes along and adds Otherwise, I will look for it again and add it. I don't think we have seen the finished product yet. I remember her cool fortune teller's costume.

Bethany also has a great fortune teller room underway. And someone else has one. I will have to think and remember who it is so we can add them here, too. ']

Loving this theme and booswife02 really got me off to a great start with all the wonderful props.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,877 Posts
Spotted this a few weeks back at a flea market, guy wanted $120, saw it again this past Saturday, I thought it was sold already but it was lying on its side, guy went down to $70, I'm way deep down in South Texas but I bet one of you guys would be thrilled to have this
20140517_092207-1.jpg

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
come to think of it, a large hand with the reading markings on I think is folded up in the palmistry reading book.
no, I haven't seen the big round Ouija board on pinterest
what does a divination board look like? sounds interesting
as soon as I dig out the eyeball, I will show you a picture. it's really cute. so is my grandson.
that's where I got my fish from. we want to give it as prizes this year. kids love them. I love them.
yeah, lol, that is where my mood ring is from. high school. still in my jewelry box.
the fake hand mentioned last is a rubber hand. it came with instuctions on how to use it. but it's been a lot of years since I got it, and so I can't remember how to use it. I remember I was disappointed in it. it has long finger nails painted in black

I saw 3pink poodles booth. it's not finished yet, but looking way good.
scorpion, that would be awesome to have. wish I lived closer.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
I was on the other tarot room thread and found some pics to post so I thought id share my ideas here as well. I posted this link on that thread so everyone would come and check out this thread as well. It will be easier if you all keep them together. Seems a lot of you are interested in doing this theme this year. We might as well make one big thread of it, great idea Printer.

I found this pic with the bed canopies coming from the ceililng and thought this would be really cool to do different scenes in and you can get these for $4 total including shipping on ebay.each curtain could have a diffent theme inside....cool....

fortune teller.jpg

also here are some links that I found on ebay for the bed curtains, you can get these in all kinds of colors, I just gave two away, dang! if you don't buy from ebay you could get them at bed bath and beyond fairly cheap and they have a weekly coupon most of the time.

this is one of the four corner ones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Four-Corner-Canopy-Bed-Netting-Mosquito-Net-Full-Queen-King-Size-Bedding-/310771313117?pt=US_Canopies_Netting&hash=item485b69e9dd

here are the $4 ones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1PC-Decoration-White-Insect-Fly-Bed-Canopy-Netting-Curtain-Dome-Mosquito-Net-/321411698084?pt=US_Canopies_Netting&hash=item4ad5a14da4

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
the other person was asking about a tarot card reading at their coffee table with a friend to do readings, how cool is that... I thought a Moroccan style seating would be so cool for this , here are some pics of what I was thinking if any of you are doing a coffee table set up, minus the henna tattoos and food set up and dishes on the table
morocco.jpg
Moroccan-Lamps-300x201.jpg
oija.jpg

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
saki, I have the final picture of her in my album. I love her. thanks for posting the link of how to.
booswife, those curtains are an idea. I got one at a garage sale for my grandchildren to play in. I might just borrow it. the one with the Ouija would make a nice layout. I like the atmosphere of the lanterns too.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,001 Posts
This thread is fantastic, I want to do a tent would love a Gypse wagon but think the tent will happen before that.
I have some insperation pics to post later.

Booswife I have one of those balls forgot all about it

1 - 20 of 635 Posts