Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I decided to forgo the Palm Reader sign for financial reasons, all is not lost. I decided I could make my own neon sign and it would only cost me some time. I made a powerpoint presentation using a neon sign image from the internet. I will be projecting this onto my window from behind onto some cloth I bought at Joann. Here is what it looks like on my shade.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very clever idea on the projection! The floating cards are a nice trick too. How are the wires connected?
I built a flying crank ghost apparatus, but instead of 3 wires which are typical for a ghost, i made 8, only using 5 here. I have put it up in the umbrella with zip ties. The umbrella will have red and white plastic banquet table cover I got on clearance over it to create a little "gypsy" tent. I will also be adding a crystal ball, a Ouija board on a nearby table, and will be hanging a tambourine and a bell (like in the Madame Leota poem) from other wires off the flying crank ghost apparatus.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
While trying to watch the floating cards video my screen jumped and I knew I was being video ad highacked again just like now. Very frustrating trying to type when this happens too. Any way I loved how the cards moved.

And guess what since I've been on this thread I'm seeing two different psychic reading banner ads at the top (not the video kind, that's still at the bottom and says error and has a spinning wheel. Time for me to go.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magic! I'll post a video underneath the hood tomorrow.
There are magnets under the red felt pieces that I glued there so it doesn't scrape on the bottom of the table. The tarot cards have tiny pins that are inserted into the sides of the cards between the card layers. You can barely see them.

Here's the look under the hood:

·
Registered
629 Posts
There are magnets under the red felt pieces that I glued there so it doesn't scrape on the bottom of the table. The tarot cards have tiny pins that are inserted into the sides of the cards between the card layers. You can barely see them.

Here's the look under the hood:

Looks like a very inexpensive build. I have some synchronous motors left from my Ouija board build a few years ago (bought them in bulk...cheaper that way), so I may try this for Zaltana's table. Thank you so much for video.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a very inexpensive build. I have some synchronous motors left from my Ouija board build a few years ago (bought them in bulk...cheaper that way), so I may try this for Zaltana's table. Thank you so much for video.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Yeah, i think the motors are about 4.00 with shipping. They also have a DC version, i believe. They are about 5-6 rpm. This design is from "Barking Hamster" who did a haunted chess board.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My girly hands have arrived!!! I feel like Vincent Price in Edward Scissorhands....
2017-08-06 16.26.00.jpg

So these hands are really excellent, they are used for practicing putting on nails. They are soft. And they only cost $11.00 for the pair on amazon (the price has gone up to $12.00). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SQN5Z8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come with a hole that fits a 1/2" PVC pipe.
2017-08-06 16.26.38.jpg 2017-08-06 16.26.45.jpg

There's wire inside the fingers so you can pose them how you like.
2017-08-06 16.27.28.jpg

They are a little smaller than the man-hands I had on her before.
2017-08-06 16.33.11.jpg

Looks like my fortune teller will have nice hands now, just got to get my wife to do her nails for me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I painted me some girly nails!

My gal loves her some beer!

2017-08-12 21.11.41.jpg

So, i got these nails and glue and red nail polish from the dollar store.

2017-08-12 21.14.00.jpg

it is probably not the way to do nails, but I painted them first, I used plumber's putty or could use play dough, to hold them in place as I painted them.

2017-08-12 21.00.15.jpg

I think my gal is very happy with her new nails.

2017-08-12 21.42.49.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts