Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this booth, I believe some sort of merchandise cabinet for a retail store, on the side of the road. The minute I saw it, I KNEW it would make a great fortune teller booth.

Today I hit a major sale in town, a store closing, and I got her costume for $5!

So far, the total cost of this project = $5!

BEFORE: (I added the orange foam up top, because I wanted to get an idea of where I would "advertise" FORTUNES).
Haunted House progress FORTUNE TELLER BOOTH find 001.jpg

AFTER:
The full length so far- That's just a piece of stretchy creepy cloth around the base right now- I kind of like it there! I still need to change out the roof, and spook up the metallic grey corners.. Add some fun lights inside, and of course her crystal ball! Of course she needs a fun mask as well.
Haunted House progress DIDDAMS CLOSING COSTUMES DEALS 012.jpg

WITH HER NEW COSTUME:

Haunted House progress DIDDAMS CLOSING COSTUMES DEALS 011.jpg

Haunted House progress DIDDAMS CLOSING COSTUMES DEALS 013.jpg

Haunted House progress DIDDAMS CLOSING COSTUMES DEALS 014.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you use a solid-state relay then you can make regular bulbs flicker by toggling it via a microcontroller. The effect is very nice, let me know if you want details.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Wow, this is fantastic looking. I am drooling over this. My dream is to have a fortune teller booth at some point. I may also have to get a divorce if I have something else that size to store though.

Costume is so awesome. Would love to find one similar. Everyone I find is cheesy looking.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts