Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
If you need the enlarged files , leave me a message , because my site doesn't support bigger files.
You can use this free site to enlarge and print any image:

The Sect of Homokaasu - The Rasterbator

You can do it online or by downloading the software. Either way it's free.
I've used it before and it comes in handy for printing large scale plots on a regular printer when you don't have a plotter around. It divides the image into 8.5 x 11 sheets that you tape together to make a full size print. I bought the same kit last year and made life size prints for my neighbor to cut out of plywood and foam.

I made a life size print of my son for his birthday.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem is that I enlarged the files but can't put them online because photobucket doesn't support larger files if you have a free account.
But thanks for the info. It is appreciated.

A good plugin is "genuine fractals" for photoshop. It can enlarge your files by %600 without quality loss. I use that for cardboard cutouts...in case you're interested.

You can use this free site to enlarge and print any image:

The Sect of Homokaasu - The Rasterbator

You can do it online or by downloading the software. Either way it's free.
I've used it before and it comes in handy for printing large scale plots on a regular printer when you don't have a plotter around. It divides the image into 8.5 x 11 sheets that you tape together to make a full size print. I bought the same kit last year and made life size prints for my neighbor to cut out of plywood and foam.

I made a life size print of my son for his birthday.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
My problem is that I enlarged the files but can't put them online because photobucket doesn't support larger files if you have a free account.
But thanks for the info. It is appreciated.

A good plugin is "genuine fractals" for photoshop. It can enlarge your files by %600 without quality loss. I use that for cardboard cutouts...in case you're interested.
Thanks for the tip. I generally convert everything to a vector drawing and use Autocad to scale to any size I need, but for printing without a larger format printer/plotter Rastorbator is quick and easy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vector drawings are great. I'm trying to convert these plans to vector files so I can cut them on my CNC router ( in the making ). I'm just waiting on the motors and I can start cutting. Can't wait.
If you don't mind me asking ; what's the easiest way to convert these plans to a vector file?

Thanks for the tip. I generally convert everything to a vector drawing and use Autocad to scale to any size I need, but for printing without a larger format printer/plotter Rastorbator is quick and easy.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Vector drawings are great. I'm trying to convert these plans to vector files so I can cut them on my CNC router ( in the making ). I'm just waiting on the motors and I can start cutting. Can't wait.
If you don't mind me asking ; what's the easiest way to convert these plans to a vector file?
Basically any imaging software that will do edge detection (I use Paint Shop Pro) to get a clean perimeter trace then bring that into Autocad or other vector based drawing tool to do the conversion. There are also a few raster to vector conversion programs out there that you can do this with.

I use Mach3 for my CNC table which can directly import jpg (and other raster) files and make the gcode for CNC. My table is 14" x 18" so to do the skeletons
I would need to group parts on to individual 11" x 17" sheets. The same could be applied to a smaller table with say 8.5" x 11" sheets as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Basically any imaging software that will do edge detection (I use Paint Shop Pro) to get a clean perimeter trace then bring that into Autocad or other vector based drawing tool to do the conversion. There are also a few raster to vector conversion programs out there that you can do this with.

I use Mach3 for my CNC table which can directly import jpg (and other raster) files and make the gcode for CNC. My table is 14" x 18" so to do the skeletons
I would need to group parts on to individual 11" x 17" sheets. The same could be applied to a smaller table with say 8.5" x 11" sheets as well.
Cool , thanks for the info. My CNC is about the same size as yours.

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Cool , thanks for the info. My CNC is about the same size as yours.
For plywood I use a rotozip type cutting tool, it cuts clean and fast. No matter what you use there will be a ton of chips and dust. I bought a long 1¼" extension hose to attach to the cutting head from my shop vac. It works great when cutting plexi or wood saving a lot of cleanup.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For plywood I use a rotozip type cutting tool, it cuts clean and fast. No matter what you use there will be a ton of chips and dust. I bought a long 1¼" extension hose to attach to the cutting head from my shop vac. It works great when cutting plexi or wood saving a lot of cleanup.
I'm planning on attaching a shop vac as well . I know how much dust it'll kick up. Been working with routers for a while , although none were cnc.

Good stuff.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
If you need the bigger size files , I can send them over email since my photobucket account doesn't allow me to upload files that big.
Hey Clad, how big do you have the JPGs available? Are they full scale already (32"x48")? I took the ones you posted, dumped them into Microsoft Publisher and stretched them to poster size and printed it to Adobe Acrobat PDF. Since the JPG's were a little small to begin with, the blown up image is a little fuzzy but still very ususable. If you have larger JPG's I can redo the PDF and make it available for download if people wanted to print it out, the templates print out to 45 sheets of 8.5"x11" paper that you'll have to glue together and will fit on two thirds of a sheet of plywood.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Says you've choosen not to receive PM's........ So I can't PM you my e-mail address for the patterns......

Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Ply Bones........

I've been working on a plywood Skeleton for awhile now with the other pattern. However I'm noticing several differences between the two sets of patterns and making some modifications as I go along.

Example:

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Great job on cutting all the parts. Looks like a lot of work.
Yep, but fun. I used a jig saw to cut out the larger pieces and then for the tighter corners/curves I used my scroll saw.

I used a router with a 1/2" straight cutting bit and made a simple jig for cutting all the slots out. Saved time and all the slots are cut the same size and nice and straight. :cool:

Also used a 5/32" round over router bit to round the edges of the bones.

And here's a pic of the torso with the pieces just dry fitted together.

I think I'm going to try cutting in between all the teeth and shape them a little to see how that looks.......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts