Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I use my chainsaw, without the chain for scares, and I love it! It scares everyone, even adults sometimes! My question is when you are running it without the blade do you remove the bar chain oil? Last year when I was running it, it spat out oil all over my clothes and I was soaked in oil! I am guessing it should be removed?

·
Registered
337 Posts
There's no reason not to remove it. It's only for oiling the chain when you are cutting through a tree. Would suck if you got that oil on one of the ToT's.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the oil still comes out, it dosent go everywhere or anything just drips off the blade. I dont touch any of the ToTs with it. Its just the oil is constantly dripping out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha yea blood would be neat, but I dont think the saw would work again without the chain! Yea it pours out oil like a sieve.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
I never had any problems with the chain oil. But fumes? Hell, yeah!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try draining the oil and get you a can of brake cleaner from your local parts store and spray inside the oil resevore and start for a short period until it stops spitting oil. The brake cleaner will evaporate without any residue.. I have to fix my pull rope from last year so if you don't want to try this, give me till the weekend and I will do it on mine.... I would recomend spraying inside the oil resevore and dumping it out a couple of times and make sure you use safety glasses and gloves, that stuffs hard on the body...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh and as far as the fake blood, that would be cool but remember anything that fake blood is made out of probably stains clothes. If using toward others that might be part of the prop would be cool. You could mix some cooking oil with food coloring and I think most fake bloods use corn syrup that should work just fine in a saw. I'll try that this weekend as well and take some pics of the effects.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The oil is used for the chain, So it can be ran without it.

The fake blood would be give it more of a scare factor for sure. I would pour fake blood on the machine rather than running through the oil res.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to thinking about the fake blood today at work. If you were to do this, it's likely to only drip out on you and not realy spray at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts