Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a little trouble here. If you were using acrylics to repaint a cartoonish frog into a more realistic, and hopefully spookier version, how would you do it? I've been working on one, and I'm getting a good texture and look, but it's just too dark to work as a prop. I can't seem to get the color right for it to stand out without looking harsh, or once again cartoonish.

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
well, one thing my son taught me..I used to paint light colors and then shade with dark..its the opposite, paint dark first and highlight with light...also..I used to hate blue and red..lol, I had 4 colors I used..orange, brown, black and white..I learned don't be scared of blue and red//all skin has those colors..but mainly is the paint dark first!

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My problem is adding in the highlights. I've definitely got a good base(and yes it's got those reds & blues! ;) ), but every time I try to get any lighter colors, it's back to looking like a new character for Looney Toons.

I'd post a pic, but my computer hates me right now. I haven't been able to get anything up here for a while. If I can get onto DH's computer I can get it done, I'm sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts