Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this post by saying of course not everyone in HF Land can shop at this small chain called Diddam's, which I *think* is in the Bay Area only. That is why I didn't add this to the "Merchandise Watch 2009" thread, which is seeming to focus on national/regional chains. But I'm happy to see this stuff really hitting the shelves :) and thought someone out there might want to know what's around now, and might become available elsewhere...

These are pix from Diddam's on Almaden, and they had *lots* of H'ween stuff out. I don't know if they take it all down each year or leave some of it up. Major selection of costumes/accessories. Some really nice quality ones too.

Also--this Tues, Aug 4, they are having a 40% off sale of most of their merchandise, including Halloween, but only from 7-11am. So if you're in the area, you might want to check it out. I work nowhere near there, but I'm still considering lol...

My cell camera is crappy and I was tryin to take some of the pix on the DL lol...
--Tons of poseable-leg spiders in many sizes
--Several sizeable gravestones/plaques
--Chains/fences/body parts including heads
--Inflatables--10ft pumpkin carriage with skulls, 8ft cemetery light show with sound, animated cat, and animated spider
--Lifesize shaking Screaming Greeter from last year
--Haunted Tree guy
--Some good skellys including some bucky-like versions (ie--hard plastic) as well as bluckies in the GID paint job and the corpsed finish
--Various 5 ft hanging reapers/ghouls--including a banshee/vampire woman in white holding her own head--very nice
--Fogger I've never seen over-the-counter: looks like a cheap 400watt Fitco, but with a wireless remote.

Lots more I didnt list or photograph.

What I did really like, surprisingly, is this 5ft hanging reaper dude called the Peeper Reaper (LOL)...skull, cloak, poseable arms, but when sound-activated, the eyes light up and they roll back and forth--very nice movement that isnt too subtle and way better than the typical red-dot LEDs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I'm recalling correctly the Bluckies were $29.99 and the not-quite-Buckies were $89.99 ( I think their Bucky-clones are a little shorter than a true Bucky but I didnt really check them out too closely)

FYI--I think this sale is limited to only a few of their locations; specifically I was at the San Jose store at Almaden and Blossom Hill. If anyone is going please be sure to call first because I don't think their locations on the peninsula will be doing this--but once again I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Thanks V for posting. Haven't been in a Diddams for quite some time and really don't think of them at Halloween time. I was able to make it there before 11am and as you walked in they gave you a tag that could be presented at checkout for the discount. Really nice store and lots of halloween items as your photos indicated. I posted under the Halloween item sightings thread with some additional photos. I really loved their home decor for halloween area. Halloween budget low for the rest of this pay period but otherwise would have bought way more than I did. Still, thanks for re-introducing me to them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you could take advantage of the sale. I couldn't make it but I'll definitely be going back at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts