Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sign I just finished. It is based on the sign made by the folks at The Fright Gallery (here). A pic of their sign is below.

Anyway, I made the sign itself (not the wooden post) last year, but I didn't age it at all (no moss or brownish paint on sign), and didn't have time to incorporate it into the display. The sign is carved from 2" extruded foam, and painted. The post is made from a few 2x4's, and painted brown. The "FOR SALE" sign on top is a piece of wood, painted white, and with paper letters glued on, and painted with a plastic coat to protect the letters from the weather, etc. I still need to age the for sale sign a little with some gray paint. Both signs is double sided, so it can be seen while approaching the haunt from the left or right. Here are some pics:

Side 1

Closeup

Side 2

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good. I like the moss.

Hopefully, you won't get too many people knocking on your front door thinking your house is for sale!! :D
Perhaps you didn't notice the rest of the house and yard I don't think anybody will be knocking on the door wanting to see the guest room. The sign is cool looking and a great Idea but the rest is equally awesome.

EDIT: Upon further review it looks like the first pic is not at their house.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts