Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I have been on here since yesterday but had not posted an introduction yet...

So I am actually a big Halloween Nerd, who happens to love all things Disney. Kind of an odd combination I know. Each year myself, and my 2 best friends get together and create a Party/Haunt for our friends and neighbors at my parents house. This year is actually our 3rd year in a row, and has become so much bigger than I could imagine, I started searching the interwebs for ideas, hints, tips, and help with our problems! Thats when I came across this little site. I have pretty much been obssessed with it since yesterday checking for new stuff and updates after I spent the better part of last night browsing all the posts...

Our first Halloween Party, 3 years ago, was kinda thrown together with things we had laying around. I've been decorating my parents house (I haven't lived there in 10 years, but since I live in an apartment, they give me free reign at their house) for the last 15 years or so. Since then the people who have attended told their friends, and its grown from 25 people the first year to well over 100 invitees this year (and it's only MAY!!)

I have pictures posted from last year's event and our progress for this years event so far on my photobucket...
Pictures by alicehalloween - Photobucket

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Welcome, I too like all things Disney and Halloween. I have a Nightmare b4 Christmas obsession. I need an intervention.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i love your decorations and theme from last year's party. it's easy to know why
100+ people are eager to see what you come up with this year. so welcome to the forum, keep us updated, and don't hesitate to use one of the threads to ask for advice or new ideas.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Welcome......you weren't truly obsessed till you came here :) Although this place is it's own obsession. Your subject title pulled me in, love it. Welcome again!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Welcome Manda..
Find a cold, damp corner..pull up a casket and indulge your new obsession.
Far from being foolish, you will find many talented beings here only too happy to offer all the help and advice you may need. If you look around, you may even find a few mortals too...

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its so awesome to have so many people welcome me to the forums!

As for Nightmare B4 Xmas, that happens to be our theme for this year!! (and we've already decided on next year!)

We are doing it part Haunted Mansion and Part Nightmare B4 Xmas, simply because we LOVE the elements from the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland. We are using the scrollies with candles on them from outside the attraction, creating coffin benches and tables, and doing not only a full graveyard/halloweentown, but also a Xmastown to make people go.. Wth... =) The tots in the area will have to walk up the driveway, down the side of the house, and into the fully decorated backyard to get their candy... at least that's my intention at this time... Our budget this year is about $2300. Which to me, seems low, but we are creating a lot of things ourselves, which tends to save a lot of $$.

Next year will be a Pirate Theme, but our Pirates will be dead (or undead if you will), and we will be enacting the part of the East India Co... responsible for hanging the pirates and sinking their ships. We intend to have a huge Pirate ship, and Canons, etc....

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
My Christmas display is inspired by the Disneyland Haunted Mansion holiday display. I been tweeking it over the years. This year is gonna be my best, I have some cool plans which I will soon begin to do. I just scored an Gemmy lightshow for 25 bucks off ebay which I am gonna load up my ipod with NBX songs of all sorts. I cant wait. Check out my folders, I have last years display. Good Luck with yours.

·
Registered
453 Posts
its so awesome to have so many people welcome me to the forums!

As for Nightmare B4 Xmas, that happens to be our theme for this year!! (and we've already decided on next year!)

We are doing it part Haunted Mansion and Part Nightmare B4 Xmas, simply because we LOVE the elements from the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland. We are using the scrollies with candles on them from outside the attraction, creating coffin benches and tables, and doing not only a full graveyard/halloweentown, but also a Xmastown to make people go.. Wth... =) The tots in the area will have to walk up the driveway, down the side of the house, and into the fully decorated backyard to get their candy... at least that's my intention at this time... Our budget this year is about $2300. Which to me, seems low, but we are creating a lot of things ourselves, which tends to save a lot of $$.

Next year will be a Pirate Theme, but our Pirates will be dead (or undead if you will), and we will be enacting the part of the East India Co... responsible for hanging the pirates and sinking their ships. We intend to have a huge Pirate ship, and Canons, etc....
Check this guys haunt, I stumbled on it years ago looking for a good neighborhood to take my kids, was amazing, follow the haunted trail link to the pictures
Home Page

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You would think that living in san diego for my entire life I would know about such a place! I did not know about it, and here I sit, completely and totally in shock and awe at it. That is the most amazing home-built set I could imagine. I love the Disney theme, and can't help but wonder if I could BORROW their set pieces in the middle of the night without them knowing!

That is some truly awesome work, and I hope we come within 1/4 of awesome as that this year! I would be comepletely satisfied!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome aboard. if you check out the forum there is someone looking for alice ideas for this years theme. maybe you could give a valuable hand. i love you are doing disney.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts