Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Happy to hear this... we've watched it every year and the results are always pretty awesome.

Hope they knock the manufactured drama down a bit. They get on my nerves - otherwise the show is perfect!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It's really cool, KrazyHorrorKid. It goes beyond baking to create specific horror scenes with various elements. The sculpting is awesome.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am beyond pumped for this! I've seen every season so far and can't wait for this one :)

Question: I just moved and we're doing the "internet only" thing, so no cable/Food Network. Is there any place I can watch these, either live or right after they air (Amazon, iTunes, etc)?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This is a really cool series, and the contestants have a lot of talent. I hope to see HALLOWEEN BAKING CHAMPIONSHIPS on again as well, which was equally great. I've been recording both series, and the latter only premiered last year.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always watch Halloween Wars, too! Can't help wondering if anyone eats those creations or do they just go to waste?
I was looking at the site i posted earlier and they have recipes for some of the treats they've made in the past. I thought i might try to make some so we can eat them while watching this year. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ugh, I'm gonna miss the first episode:( but thats OK because I'll be at Halloween Horror Nights. I'll just have to catch it the next weekend before episode 2!

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
While I do love that it's a Halloween themed production when there are so few of it's kind anymore, I just cannot stand all the manufactured drama. That seems to be the overall theme of food network these days. I miss the Halloween shows Travel channel had a few years ago, like "Most Extreme Halloween Attractions" and of course, HGTV's "Extreme Halloween" and "What's with that Really Haunted Halloween House". Not a fan of the competition format.

·
Registered
717 Posts
While I do love that it's a Halloween themed production when there are so few of it's kind anymore, I just cannot stand all the manufactured drama. That seems to be the overall theme of food network these days. I miss the Halloween shows Travel channel had a few years ago, like "Most Extreme Halloween Attractions" and of course, HGTV's "Extreme Halloween" and "What's with that Really Haunted Halloween House". Not a fan of the competition format.
I don't like the drama either, especially in the first round. But I usually just try to tune it out (which is a bit easier to do here than on other reality/competition shows, since I know it's most likely fake).

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Watched the first episode. I was surprised they opened with Elvira as a judge. Usually they save her for last. Thought the small scares were pretty rough but the large scares weren't bad. Usually seems to take until episode 3 before they really hit their stride.

Agree with everyone on the drama. I'm sure there's plenty of actual drama going on, but you can't see it for all the amped up stuff. There were at least a couple tantrums in this one that were obviously manufactured.

We watched the Halloween Baking Championships last year, and it's a completely different show, but it didn't seem anywhere near as scripted, and I think I found it way more relatable. The good stuff of Halloween Wars is great. I just wish it was a little less produced.

(I think it was last year, before every commercial they had an audio clip of a contestant screaming "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" before every commercial and I don't think it was even in the show.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Watched the first episode. I was surprised they opened with Elvira as a judge. Usually they save her for last. Thought the small scares were pretty rough but the large scares weren't bad. Usually seems to take until episode 3 before they really hit their stride.

Agree with everyone on the drama. I'm sure there's plenty of actual drama going on, but you can't see it for all the amped up stuff. There were at least a couple tantrums in this one that were obviously manufactured.

We watched the Halloween Baking Championships last year, and it's a completely different show, but it didn't seem anywhere near as scripted, and I think I found it way more relatable. The good stuff of Halloween Wars is great. I just wish it was a little less produced.

(I think it was last year, before every commercial they had an audio clip of a contestant screaming "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" before every commercial and I don't think it was even in the show.
I was a little surprised at those things too. So much drama in just the first episode! And having such a big horror/halloween icon as the first judge? I hope they get some SUPER big stars for the other episodes then. I know Sid Haig is supposed to judge one (I think episode 2?) so I am excited for that since I got to meet him at a convention earlier this year.

I don't know if they do this because they're trying to increase ratings or compete with other competition shows, but I really wish they'd stop. You're the only one with a cake guy, pumpkin guy, and candy guy competing to make these extravagant edible displays, you don't need all this drama!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts