Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a "Camping Horror" theme for my party this year. What kind of foods would be good for this theme?

I already plan on roasting hot dogs and smores but that's all I can think of.

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think, if you are into the gore-food, you could probably pick any of the traditional "Halloween"-themed food even though you are camping - it may just take some extra work on the campsite to set it all up.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
Trail mix, but add in some candy (seen it done with M&Ms before)? Could call it Terror Trail Mix.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do a trail mix station where people can make their own mix. Include pretzels, chex, peanuts, m&ms, etc. I always do some type of food station at my parties because I find people really enjoy them! I did a make your own caramel apple station last year and am doing a popcorn station this year :) Other than that i think hot dogs, s'mores, baked beans, corn on the cob, and chips. That's what we always have when we go camping!

·
Registered
460 Posts
You might try letting people roast chunks of sweet potato or pumpkin on sticks, then provide a caramel or pumpkin spice dip for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can always add bugs(rubber or plastic) on food, table etc. I also made roaches(edible) out of dates stuffed with walnuts
but also on the plate were 2" rubber roaches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another snack idea.

You've probably seen Pirates Booty or FritoLay's Chesters Puffs? Well, make Goblin Booger's.
Here's how:

Open and pour corn PUFFS into large container. Next, pour caramel sauce over the puffs and mix til well coated. THEN, lay it out on a cookie sheet at 200. Bake for 46 minutes turning the mix every 15 minutes. Remove, cool and package.

This is better than anything store bought.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Candy Corn Mix
2 cups Candy Corn
2 cups Salted Peanuts
1. Mix equal parts of candy corn and peanuts together in an airtight container.
2. For best results allow to sit for 24 hours before eating.

Bacon Dip
Cream cheese (16 oz)
Sour cream (16 oz)
16 oz cream cheese
Cheddar cheese (2 c)
16 oz sour cream
Bacon - 6-8 slices of bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Mix together, put more cheddar cheese on the top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles

·
Registered
45 Posts
OoOoOh, got another one. My sister swears by this, it sounds horrible, but horrible good, right?

Cheesy grape dip(that's right)

Combine: mayo, cream cheese, and greek yogurt,
Mix in shredded cheese (your pick) and a bunch of grapes. Mix well. Eat with crackers (your choice).

She makes this all the time. Don't think I've ever eaten it. But for "OUR" kind of party<wink,wink> it's PeRfEcT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Roaches: sliced dates stuffed with walnut pieces.

Troll Tonsils

I like the ghastly, gaggy presentation. Labels are made that remain the food items. I think this year each guest will get a chance to do the same with their dishes brought. AND, then all the guests will rate the one that is ghastliest yet yummiest.

I have a lot of foods on my pinterest board @gastronomical delights.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts