Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a halloween birthday party for my Daughter who is going to be 15. Everyone is coming as dead pirates and we are themeing on those from Pirates of the Carribean from Flying Dutchman, all my props deco are kind of dead from under the sea looking, but I am struggling with ideas for the food. I have been looking at some ideas that have already been submitted but they are more for adults, and I know just with my own Daughter that she wouldn't like them. So I am trying to do food that teens will enjoy but that I can incorporate into the theme. Any ideas/recipes greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Your theme sounds very similar to ours....I struggled with our menu myself. At first I wanted salamagundi and hardtack but again my teen and his friends won't touch the stuff. I could do it as a chili but we did that last year so I hate to repeat this close together.

In the end I decided on doing party style food (spinach artichoke dip served in bread, boneless hot wings, meatballs, fruit tray, cupcakes). I'm going to do the buffet with everything served on silver trays (dollar tree) so it looks like a real Captains feast but to make it dead (halloween) I plan on adding maggots and mold to everything as though it was all rotting. After all most pirates food was rotten and maggot infested in real life.

(We've even considered a large ham and a basket of rolls so they can make sandwiches).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea of making the food rotten. My initial thoughts were that as I am serving the food in my conservatory with my garden in the background (which is as tropically as the UK allows) I was going to dress the table kind of beachy. I have made a treasure chest, that as well as having the jewels in I was going to sit my cupcakes in there also, as I have purchased some edible jewels, gold dust and chocolate sea shells to go on them. I was going to drape with netting and I have also made a large treasure map which I was going to use instead of a tablecloth, I have already purchased some gold plates at the pound store. My Daughter loves a food product that we have in the UK called Fishy Dippers, they are a kind of fishcake/pattie that is covered in breadcrumbs and shaped like a fish, so I was thinking of using a clear tub I have and filling it with water and seashells, and as the lid is clear also serving the fishy dippers on that and you would be able to see the water and shells through it. As you suggested, definately chicken wings/drumsticks and meatballs. Keep in touch and we can share ideas, if I have anymore brainwaves I will let you know :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts