Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this party isn't until Halloween but it's probably going to be my toughest theme yet. Costumes are about the only easy part!!

So far the only ideas I've had are:
Mini burgers = Burgertime (Intellivision game)
Stuffed mushrooms = Super Mario Brothers
Chicken wings = Zelda (Chickens are in every Zelda game)

Any ideas to help fill the table would be GREATLY appreciated!! I'm trying to run through all the video games I've played, but am drawing a blank.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The first thing that popped into my mind was a line of cupcakes made to look like 'Centipede'.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Now here's me, telling my age....

But the first thing that popped into MY head was how about the original "eating" video game....Pacman?? Not sure what exactly to do with it, but I can jut see them, chomping along...

·
Hauntless
8,396 Posts
Here's some ideas. Boy, this brought back memories!

Tetris cookies: Use food dye to color sugar cookie dough, put it through a play-dough extractor to make long pixel strands. Then stack the colors together and cut. This is basically how you make sushi rolls. You can also use the pixels to make the space invaders aliens or any other very pixelated character: Link to source and more directions: Pixel cookies! - a set on Flickr

Frogger: Get gummy frogs and cars and put them in a bowl.

Donkey Kong: Buy the rootbeer barrel candy and put them in a bowl.

Tron: Make a sheet cake and put the grid design on it.

Asteroids: White popped popcorn.

Mario Brothers: Cupcakes with the mushroom design:

Guitar hero: I was thinking of making rice krispies in the shape of this using little colored chicklets and string licorice:

Boom Blox: Here's a link to make small boxes featuring the chicken and the bomb that you could put food into: http://www.cubeecraft.com/characters/character005.jpg

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonderful ideas so far guys!! Thanks! There are definately some very creative ideas I can run with.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Now here's me, telling my age....

But the first thing that popped into MY head was how about the original "eating" video game....Pacman?? Not sure what exactly to do with it, but I can jut see them, chomping along...
You could make yellow cookies in the shape of Pacman.

If you're looking for a large list of arcade games, try Coin-Operated Video Arcade Machines - The Killer List of Videogames (KLOV).

Brownie squares with a red tootsie pop stuck in the center to look like a joystick controller.

What might be really cool for the table, would to make small carboard cutouts of the arcade cabinets sides and sever the treats from a dish/bowl between each to the cabinet sides. Like a row of arcade games and each one having a different treat inside. Could even print out marquees to label them across the top.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Now that's what I had in mind but couldn't get the words out!! Great ideas everybody!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I can cook these 1UP! mushrooms from Mario Bros. :
1UP Cakes

"1UP Mushroom" Mushroom Burger!

I was also thinking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' favorite food : PIZZA!, easy and in the mood.
Or you can cook something that looks like a brain (or even more, lambs brain :D) that would be the Resident Evil food.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Waffles shaped like teris blocks?...

Pizza shaped like teris blocks?...

Chocolate shaped like teris blocks?...

Mario blocks as rice crispie cakes?...

Ruggerz

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Great ideas guys!
Thought I'd share the cake I bought for my fiance's birthday last November:

I got it from Asda so it's probably available in loads of places. You needn't add the cardboard sign at the back, or you can write whatever you want on there!

I saw a picture on the internet of a Nintendo DS made from Sushi!
So you can have a go at making consoles, and even controllers, as well as the games:D

EDIT - Whoops controllers have already been mentioned!
Maybe a cake in the shape of an old Nintendo controller?
http://www.track7.org/output/gfx/oldskool.png

1 - 20 of 24 Posts